X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up installing a file manager from the web using Chrome. I also installed market via browser and it works and installs everything I request. I'm going to see if I can remove the Market that was part of the Revue build and reinstall it. There is some weird issue with the Market that came installed with the Revue.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

As info - I sent my Revue back. It made operating the Tivo "different". Typically when forwarding thru a commercial we could halt it within a few frames of where needed. Putting the Revue in the chain causes some jerky action to occur and we missed our mark every time.
      WAF went back to Zero.

Interesting that I could find no mention of this - most all reviews raved about how well it worked with Tivo.

Comment

Here I am playing with my first 1080P Android client display. I ran into a couple of issues; one being that my flash script doesn't run; getting a syntax error with it. The other is my Zoneminder video doesn't come up. I do see both in the designer (know though its a windows/android thing though).
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I noticed that some of the sliders come up almost transparent until you move them. I havent really done too much with it otherwise.
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

This is the Revue or that other device that Pete was playing with?
            Don

Comment

This is the Logitech Revue; try a do all 1080P HSTouch client screen.

What would I need in the Android script to play a flash file in the Android HSTouch client?

The one I am using for the wintel flash doesn't work with the Android.

I read something about using webview.
              Last edited by Pete; January 31, 2012, 07:45 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Any chance you could interface the HST iOS/Android client into the GTV via the AnyMote protocol? This way users could control their GTVs via HS events, etc.

Comment

I've not been playing too much with the Logitech Revue other than Java and Flash installation which I have now working OK with the oversized one screen HSTouch interface I have made. Its off right now until I finish up my cabling. I have it configured on my home office LCD here and keeping away from the family room LCD for the time being due to WAF. Logitech's last firmware upgrade added and deleted some features; which I could totally start from before the update.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

In for the results...
                    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by BootsC5 View Post
                      Any chance you could interface the HST iOS/Android client into the GTV via the AnyMote protocol? This way users could control their GTVs via HS events, etc.
                      Does this mean you hit a dead end trying to make a plug-in that acts as a GTV remote? My HST clients are Android, so I already get fully functional GTV remote apps but it'd be great to be able to integrate GTV control into HST. Even though I own a Harmony, GTV has become my IR blaster. I'm trying to skip the need to put another black box in the cabinet that has HS support if I can reuse my Logitech Revues.

Comment

Personally I'm not playing any more with the Logitech revue.

Its been disconnected and sitting on a shelf these days. I was able though to install the Android HSTouch application on the box and it did work.

I would play with it if I could root it and totally redo the Android running on the box.

I haven't looked lately at the forum but guessing that with some hardware mods to glitch the OS before it boots via JTAG it could probably be done. That said you can purchase a similiarly priced Android running box and use that instead as they are now being sold.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by sleeve View Post
                          Does this mean you hit a dead end trying to make a plug-in that acts as a GTV remote?
                          I've hit a few roadblocks. The most likely solution will be taking the published GoogleTV remote control app, strip out the UI, and adding on a network service to listen to HS commands.

An interesting thing I have seen is that GTV seems to only allow one remote control app to be linked at a time.

Comment

I have a recurring issue with hs on my google tv.
                            When I start the app, I frequently get an error message that says the cant but run in portrait mode even though it isn't.
                            This results in the app closing and I can't seem to get past it.
                            Sometimes but not always a restart helps.
                            HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
                              I have a recurring issue with hs on my google tv.
                              When I start the app, I frequently get an error message that says the cant but run in portrait mode even though it isn't.
                              This results in the app closing and I can't seem to get past it.
                              Sometimes but not always a restart helps.
                              Has anyone bought the new Sony Google TV box yet? I love my Revue-- was hoping for something faster that browsed a little better.

Also-- want to keep HS from getting killed in the background task. I love that my CID is spoken and overlaid on the screen.
                              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                              Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                              weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                              X