Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am considering upgrading the machine to W7. Not a complete reinstall but an upgrade. Settings should be retained so I am in doubt if an upgrade is enough. What do you think?

I will wait until you give up the problem so please let me know i we shall try out other ideas etc...

Comment

Honestly I have no idea. As I told you, that's the first time I see this problem. I have spent several hours searching for similar problems and solutions, but couldn't find any reason why this coud happen.

I'm quite sure a complete reinstall would make it work, as it's working on hundreds of computers without this errror.
      --
      stipus

Comment

OK. This means we are forced to give up? Are we 100% certain that the problem is local to the client machine?

Do you think an upgrade would be sufficient. It much less work you know...

Have a nice weekend by the way!

Ole

Comment

OK. This means we are forced to give up? Are we 100% certain that the problem is local to the client machine?
          Yes I'm 100% sure the problem is local to the client computer.

When the first HsScript.exe client is run, it opens a listening socket on port 16234.

When another HsScript.exe is run, it opens a socket to localhost:16234 to send the command line parameters to the first instance.

This makes me think about something. Maybe the name localhost is not defined on your computer for some reason.

What if you open a command prompt (CMD.EXE) and type "ping localhost"

You should get a response such as the following:

Code:
          Microsoft Windows [version 6.1.7600]
          Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Users\administrator>ping localhost

Envoi d'une requête 'ping' sur STIPUSXPS2 [127.0.0.1] avec 32 octets de données :
          Réponse de 127.0.0.1 : octets=32 temps<1ms TTL=128

Statistiques Ping pour 127.0.0.1:
              Paquets : envoyés = 4, reçus = 4, perdus = 0 (perte 0%),
          Durée approximative des boucles en millisecondes :
              Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Moyenne = 0ms

C:\Users\administrator>
          --
          stipus

Comment

Stipus

I have been on travel to the far east. As I got home I did a complete upgrade from Vista to W7 (Home Premium) and got into a lot of trouble. Now I am ready to test again and I will try it out and get back to you when I have done so

Ole

Comment

Stipus

It seems it works now:

I was of the impression that your plug-in made it possible to:

1. Instruct the server to trigger a certain HS event from the client [remote_runevent.cs](Have not tested this yet)
              2. To instruct the server to display messages on the screen (through your demo scripts) At the command prompt being localized int the directory where HSCRIPT resides give the following command: Hsscript remote_messagebox.vb "My text". This does not work!
              3. To instruct the client machine to display messages on the screen (also through your demo scripts). Setting up a event in HSPro to run the same script as above and giving the address of the client machine. THIS WORKS
              4. To instruct the client machine to run a specific script that indirectly starts programs or is included as part of another system (like Girder fx) (Have not tested this yet)
              I have tested 1 and I am able to trigger and run events on the HomeSeer machine by that method. I guess the rest will also work. I am now starting to integrate the remotes for each client machine into the centralized control by the use of your script system...

Ole

Comment

Thank you for your report. I still don't understand why it didn't work before

Let me know if you have any other problem.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Thank you for your help. I am sorry I did not see your last in put before I upgraded to W7. I have another question for you and you might be able to save me a considerable amount of work as I think you have a solution at hand. It is as follwos:

I want to be able to use the remote which is a USB-UIRT device via Girder and then invoke scripts upon the detection of specific IR comands. (this I already have solutions for). Then an even or script can be triggered at the central Homeseer machine (by using your plug-in). My question is : do you have a script that makes it possible to dim selected lights, by fex reduce/increase the light level with e fixed predefned amount each time the script is called. I can easily set a specific level by defining a event for that in particular but then I need e seperate event for each light level. I would like to be able to hold the remote button down and then send repeated commands to the homeseer machine which increases or decreases the light level repeatedly?

Ole

Comment

This one is not going to be easy ....

What technology are you using to control your lights from HomeSeer ? X10, PlcBus ? ZWave ? Other ?
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Sorry.. I am using Zwave and I am using a mix of Merten and Duewi devices that have proved reliable and good to use.

Comment

I guess that this is not easy....... And there is no provision to do this directly in homeseer meaning that this functionality of the HW devices not can be utilized except when a specific level is set in HomesSeer in a specific event for that. Mertens have radio buttons that by pressing it and relesaing it turns the light either on or off and when holding it it either increase or decrease the light level. I have not been able to include such devices in HS and retain this functionality. If the button is directly assosiated with a dimmer it works ok though...

Perhaps this should be moved to a new thread as I am shure it has a more wide interest??

If there was an action defined that on a certain trigger did increase or decrease the light level with a predefined delta from its current level, such an event could be treggered each time the button was depressed and an iluusion of the dimmimg would be achived. This would be good enough for me as the amount of data running between the machoines is small and restricted.
                        Last edited by Elo; May 11, 2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't know how to control ZWave devices from a HomeSeer script.

Could you ask the same question in the ZWave specific forum ? I'm sure there is a solution:

How to create a script that would dim or bright a zwave device, and still work if it is called repeatedly.
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Working...
                          X