Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Yes, sorry it should be Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben for network monitoring (just woken up!)

For the network intrusion script (Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben), you just call it without any parameters. It looks like you are calling the parameter "Network" in your event.
    "Network" was in the sub or function, like the Network Monitoring Event. I have removed it.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

So has the error gone?

Just to clarify:

If you want to monitor for Network intrusion use Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben without a sub or function entry.

If you want to monitor your network and update devices on their status use Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben but with the Sub/Function "Network"
      Jon

Comment

So has the error gone?
        No. I removed "Network" from the sub or function entry in the Network Intrusion Event - I left it in the Network Monitoring Event. The error remains the same.

Apr-06 12:41:15 AM Error 3 Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-{0x3E}Does entry point Network exist in script? at A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3f a75582d7a()

Thinking it might be a bug in HS3, I deleted the event and created it again. Still the same error.

Comment

I deleted the event again and created a new one with a different name, still the same error every minute. It is now finding devices that enter or leave the network.

Apr-06 12:50:15 AM Error 3 Running script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-{0x3E}Does entry point Network exist in script? at A.c17b105f989efe61e5979e67bec1ef734.cffd66cb0782c50126727e3f a75582d7a()
          Apr-06 12:50:08 AM Z-Wave Device: 1st Floor Michelles Office MS Temperature Set to 69.4 (F)
          Apr-06 12:50:08 AM Z-Wave Primary: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 25
          Apr-06 12:50:06 AM Jon00_RCCNM Info - Unspecified device disappeared from Network (IP: 192.168.2.154 MAC: C8-6F-1D-46-65-DD)
          Apr-06 12:50:05 AM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben
          Attached Files

Comment

That makes no sense to me.

The error: Does entry point Network exist in script? relates to a call to a sub or function called Network. The script does not even contain a sub/function with that name.

Have you deleted the other event which runs the same script?

Other than that, it looks like it is working.
            Jon

Comment

That makes no sense to me.

The error: Does entry point Network exist in script? relates to a call to a sub or function called Network. The script does not even contain a sub/function with that name.

Have you deleted the other event which runs the same script?

Other than that, it looks like it is working.
              Yes I totally deleted the event named Network Intrusion. I created a new one "NWI" shown in the screenshot above. I even deleted the event and created a whole new group, created an event with yet another new name, that simply calls the script with no parameters, sub or function or anything - still the same error.

Is there anywhere else the entry I errantly entered in sub or function could have been stored?

Comment

I would change the new event to a manually triggered one and than wait. If the error occurs then you need to take a look elsewhere in your events.

If nothing happens, run the new event manually and see if the error appears.

Your entry:

Apr-06 12:50:06 AM Jon00_RCCNM Info - Unspecified device disappeared from Network (IP: 192.168.2.154 MAC: C8-6F-1D-46-65-DD)

means that it is operating correctly.
                Jon

Comment

My bad! In all of the fiddling with the events, somehow I errantly changed the script in in the Network Monitoring Event to the script for Intrusion. All is well now. Do I need to check the box "only allow a single instance" on this event?

Comment

I would recommend that you do. That said, there is a bug in HS3 in that it does not work correctly!

If you run in to problems, let me know and I'll tell you how to get around the issue.
                    Jon

Comment

Jon,

Have you had a look at my issue relating to the WOL variable not showing up and not working?

Its happening on the two HS2 boxes. Both INI files look OK to me. I did reconfigure the application from scratch on the two boxes with a new INI file. I can do a WOL from each box using the Nirsoft WOL waker upper.

I posted it here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=911
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Sorry Pete, I must of missed that one.

I suspect your ini file is corrupt. Copy and paste the text into notepad and then save to the same file name.
                        Jon

Comment

Well I thought starting from scratch would have fixed it.

That said I did what you mentioned and it worked!

Thank-you Jon!

4/7/2014 9:07:07 AM Event Event Trigger "JonWOLTest"
                          4/7/2014 9:07:07 AM Event Running script and waiting: WOLtest.vb
                          4/7/2014 9:07:07 AM Test WolPortNo=7
                          4/7/2014 9:10:10 AM Event Event Trigger "DE Touchscreens OFF"
                          4/7/2014 9:10:10 AM Event Running script and waiting: Jon00RCCNM.vben("main","11+12||standby")
                          4/7/2014 9:11:52 AM Event Event Trigger "DE Touchscreens ON"
                          4/7/2014 9:11:52 AM Event Running script and waiting: Jon00RCCNM.vben("main","11+12||wol")
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Some text editors mess with the encoding so it is always best to use Notepad in this situation.
                            Jon

Comment

Thank you Jon.

Yup I had been using notepad to edit the INI file. (IE MAC address changes)

I never did a copy and paste though to a new INI file.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I would recommend that you do. That said, there is a bug in HS3 in that it does not work correctly!

If you run in to problems, let me know and I'll tell you how to get around the issue.
                                Everything is working fine, though last night my browser kept timing out when loading the HS3 interface page. I went to the server through RDP and the browser there was slow but eventually connected. I disabled both the Network Intrusion and Network Monitoring events, and the browsers began behaving normally. I enabled the events again and as of today everything is behaving normally - strange.

Could you tell me what kind of "problems" the "only allow a single instance" on this event might cause? For now it is still selected on both events.

Comment

Working...
                                X