Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Subscribed as this is COOL!!!!!

I have been trying to find a way to get wires from my basement to my attic and I found a way finally... Had the heater replaced with a high efficient one and now the chimney is no longer in use. Gas heater.... so that line runs from basement and up. I am thinking of going in the attic and cut a hole over through and get into that... then I can start fishing!!!!! possible summer deal
    Done the same here, I made holes in a leftover chimney at the three levels i have here and i pressed all the hot/cold water pipes, central heating, gas en signal wires through it. A great conduct
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
      Awesome, Your the Man mister AshaiRey.

I'm not a guy who can script or write code, but am willing to give effort on the testing side.

We have 2 xap800 units and have one request.
      Can you please eliminate the max channel limit that is currently fixed by your HS2 script so we can run both xap800's?

Thanks, and I'll wait for instructions if need be.

Thanks.
      I was wondering why this will not work for you because the XAP commands except device id's but then i saw that i had a fixed device 0 in my audio control commands. Never noticed that because i use just 1 XAP. Have have ro rewrite those parts. it will add some more complexity to the commands in the events if you use more then 1 device. You have to test this for me when i am finished. I will contact you later.

Cheers,
      Bram
      - Bram

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

I'd help out anyway I can, but I don't have things wired up yet and still waiting for XAP800 (though I have an AP800 on hand).
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Hi Bram,

I can test the script with my XAP800.

Comment

I have send Rutger an email about this.
            - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

By now it seems that i have a working script for HS3 too. The last report back was in the line of 'it works and i don't want to test anymore'. Now i don't feel very confident with just this feedback so i need another commited person to test things on HS3 for me before i release this.
              - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Ashai, thank you for the wealth of information! I have a XAP800 on the way to test all of this out. I was curious about the output power though, I couldn't find it anywhere. Is there a wattage rating for each of the outputs somewhere?

And, is my idea correct:
                For the rooms/areas where I would want louder speakers, I could take the output of the XAP800 into a 100+ watt amp and connect the speaker to the amp, right?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
                  Ashai, thank you for the wealth of information! I have a XAP800 on the way to test all of this out. I was curious about the output power though, I couldn't find it anywhere. Is there a wattage rating for each of the outputs somewhere?
                  The specs says Maximum Level: 20 dBu
                  How much this is in wattage? I don't know. Louder that the music for a iPhone for sure. It can be to loud in the livingroom to have a pleasant conversation. If i would guess somewhere between 0.5- 0.75 W.
                  The followup version of the XAP has buildin amps but you have to throw some serious extra bucks to it to get that one.

And, is my idea correct:
                  For the rooms/areas where I would want louder speakers, I could take the output of the XAP800 into a 100+ watt amp and connect the speaker to the amp, right?
                  That is correct.
                  - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post

And, is my idea correct:

Thanks!
                    I'm slow as a snail but this is exactly what my intent is. We have lots of extra homerun Cat6 cable going to jacks near beds or night stands where you can also find a power source for amplification. Just hope the CAT6 will work as good signal wire. This is just a idea and I haven't researched it to make sure its safe.

Still playing with this stuff of my desk.

Charlie
                    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                      Just hope the CAT6 will work as good signal wire. This is just a idea and I haven't researched it to make sure its safe.
                      Still playing with this stuff of my desk.
                      Charlie
                      I've used cat6 for mics as well as speaker wire. It works good. If your run is long you may need to double up the wire. "Long" = look upon the net the gauge wire needed for the distance in question. For most homes one cat6 run is good enough. I say this because my father in laws place is 8K sqft and single runs of cat6 were used for whole house audio and dedicated home theater

Tom
                      Tom
                      baby steps...starting again with HS3
                      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                        I've used cat6 for mics as well as speaker wire. It works good. If your run is long you may need to double up the wire. "Long" = look upon the net the gauge wire needed for the distance in question. For most homes one cat6 run is good enough. I say this because my father in laws place is 8K sqft and single runs of cat6 were used for whole house audio and dedicated home theater

Tom
                        What is the approx longest run there? And the sound are clear?
                        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Yes, sound is very clear. This was a professional install and cost $$$. They used cat6 every were for speaker wire even to extend Universal Remote's IR. I was surprised, till I goggled it. The av equipment is in one end of the house, and home theather on second floor in the other end of house. TV's are all over, plus whole house audio every where. I couldn't tell you the run length because it goes, up down around, etc. Bottom floor is all concrete construction and top half is wood. There are even runs from the main house to across a guest house for intercom. There may be ampilfers in the middle, I'm not sure. One of the runs was close to 70-80 feet I didn't see any amplifier in the middle - for this the cat6 3pairs of wires were combined for each.
                          I don't know all the details because I've only looked at parts of it as problems arose. Even then it was quite difficult to decipher. The company does not label anything(refused) because they expect you to call them for any and all service. They keep a blueprint of the setup in their files and do not share it with home owner. A simple call to get Universal Remote reprogrammed from Dish to Comcast cost $200
                          Last edited by TomTom; May 7, 2015, 03:38 PM.
                          Tom
                          baby steps...starting again with HS3
                          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                            Yes, sound is very clear. This was a professional install and cost $$$. They used cat6 every were for speaker wire even to extend Universal Remote's IR. I was surprised, till I goggled it. The av equipment is in one end of the house, and home theather on second floor in the other end of house. TV's are all over, plus whole house audio every where. I couldn't tell you the run length because it goes, up down around, etc. Bottom floor is all concrete construction and top half is wood. There are even runs from the main house to across a guest house for intercom. There may be ampilfers in the middle, I'm not sure. One of the runs was close to 70-80 feet I didn't see any amplifier in the middle - for this the cat6 3pairs of wires were combined for each.
                            I don't know all the details because I've only looked at parts of it as problems arose. Even then it was quite difficult to decipher. The company does not label anything(refused) because they expect you to call them for any and all service. They keep a blueprint of the setup in their files and do not share it with home owner. A simple call to get Universal Remote reprogrammed from Dish to Comcast cost $200
                            Dang ) I guess one man's hobby is another's headache huh!

I don't know much about cables, but are cat5/6 shielded? That's pretty much my main concern, I mean my house is concrete all around, so the cable space are tight and they may come close with power lines and such...

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                              Dang ) I guess one man's hobby is another's headache huh!

I don't know much about cables, but are cat5/6 shielded? That's pretty much my main concern, I mean my house is concrete all around, so the cable space are tight and they may come close with power lines and such...
                              Normal cat5 isn't shielded but because they are twisted in pairs. This proved to be good enough. I to run cat5 cables throughout the whole house. Cable that was thrown away at work. I have a unused chimney that connected three floor of my house. Inside the chimney i crammed up all the electric wires including some combined cat5 cables for mic, speakers and IR. Longest cable is about 30 meters. I tried my best but i couldn't hear any 50Hz buzz picking up.

On a side note.
                              The XAP800 has a setting for each output called delay. Here you can enter the temperature, cable lenght and delay time in ms. As a result the output will be delayed a few ms. If you do that for the closest speaker it wil match the time sounds need to travel from the other speaker then you can cancel the echo or 'big hall' sound
                              - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                                Normal cat5 isn't shielded but because they are twisted in pairs. This proved to be good enough. I to run cat5 cables throughout the whole house. Cable that was thrown away at work. I have a unused chimney that connected three floor of my house. Inside the chimney i crammed up all the electric wires including some combined cat5 cables for mic, speakers and IR. Longest cable is about 30 meters. I tried my best but i couldn't hear any 50Hz buzz picking up.
                                That is awesome. It's gonna make my cable addition so much easier (not to underestimate it, hopefully).

On a side note.
                                The XAP800 has a setting for each output called delay. Here you can enter the temperature, cable lenght and delay time in ms. As a result the output will be delayed a few ms. If you do that for the closest speaker it wil match the time sounds need to travel from the other speaker then you can cancel the echo or 'big hall' sound
                                Did you have to change this setting much? Does temperature and cable length introduce significant delay to the audio?

I think this would be my first gadget that has TOO MUCH features, whereas usually I complain about lack of features on my purchases :P

Comment

Working...
                                X