Speaker selector for HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker selector for HS3?

Is there a speaker selector available for HS3? I'm just looking for one set of speakers to play under certain conditions and to have the signal sent to a different set of speakers under other conditions. I know the AB8SS is real popular but it's overkill for my needs and also isn't available.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

A few users have posted that they were able to setup a second copy of the speaker client and send the output to that. Is that what you are looking for?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not quite. I have a Russound system with all zones in use. I want my back yard speakers to not carry the signal from the amp but be diverted to a different set of speakers when certain conditions are met. And I'd like to do it without getting a second Russound amp. So I'm just looking for some contraption which will send the signal from the amp to either speakers A or B. There's plenty of this kind of thing at RadioShack but it's all manually operated. I'm looking for something which HS3 can control.

Comment

So you are looking for an A/B speaker switcher that is controllable via the serial port? If so check out http://www.controlanything.com/ They have many relays that are controllable via serial, USb, etc.

Comment

Sounds promising, but that website seems to be down. Are you sure they're still in business?

Comment

I'm not sure as I can't get through either. It would really surprise me if they went out of business but who knows these days.

Comment

Try this URL: https://controleverything.com

Comment

4PDT relay on a power supply plugged into an appliance module? On can be B and off can be A.

Comment

Jesus!

That controlanything stuff is a little out of my budget! Unless, of course, it also controls the French maid it comes with. Does come with a maid.... right?
                  I think my quest continues.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  4PDT relay on a power supply plugged into an appliance module? On can be B and off can be A.
                  Could you please elaborate? This sounds a little more my speed.

Comment

Yea, this is the one I used years ago.
                    https://controleverything.com/Relay/Device/ASELPRO

Comment

While $150 is more reasonable than $850 I still think it's a tad rich for me. Also it's a bit overkill. 16 in and 2 out. I really only need 1 in and 2 out. Thanks though!

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                        While $150 is more reasonable than $850 I still think it's a tad rich for me. Also it's a bit overkill. 16 in and 2 out. I really only need 1 in and 2 out. Thanks though!
                        A rather crude drawing but I can't find a fritzing symbol for a 4PDT relay and hope you can see what is happening. You probably have everything except for the relay about the house, what you need to make sure is that your coil rating matches the power supply (12v relay coil = 12v power supply). I would imagine that the amplifier output will be OK for the contacts but try for a power relay rather than a signal relay if you are switching power outputs. Last time I did something similar you did get a slight 'pop' during changeover of the relay contacts, not sure whether adding a diode across the coils might help this as it could be EMF.
                        Last edited by mrhappy; January 20, 2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

How about something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NILES-SAS-1-...-/221653472229

Lots of used ones on eBay.

Cheers
                          Al
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Or this: http://www.amazon.com/Niles-Black-FG.../dp/B000761NRQ
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

That one is 2 inputs to 1 output. Otherwise looks good! Can it operate in the reverse? 1 in and 2 out? The ebay one is missing the power supply and I'm not sure where one could be obtained......

Comment

Working...
                              X