Most Reliable Weather Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Great news GatorEye. WUN has always been my favorite. I continue to utilize multiple weather services with HS.

Here I'm trying to guage how much wind it takes to move all of my deck furniture off the deck. The Fine Offset "recorded" gusts of 35-40 MPH the other day and 2 chairs were "moved" off the deck.
    Pete, you need heavier furniture.

Everybody else's stuff comes to my yard.
    Over the years I've gotten a collection of BBQ covers, two garbage cans (complete with lids) and a canoe. Yes, a canoe. It came from a neighbours back yard, through her demolished fence, accross the street to rest in my yard last December.
    I still have the garbage cans. They arrived one night. I put them by the road with rocks in them. The owner must have picked them up, but the very next storm they were both back. (I think they must have been mistreated and ran away from home).
    Last edited by Wadenut; November 8, 2011, 07:20 PM. Reason: apostrophe
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thanks Greg.

Most of the neighbors have wrought iron patio sets. We went for comfort rather than the weight of the furniture 7 years or so ago. Time to look again. The furniture never really goes too far from the deck; just a pain to walk around the yard looking for it sometimes.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My deck set is made of heavy gauge aluminium with apholstery, and a coffee table with glass top. Actually quite comfortable. It's never moved, other than the loose pillows, which sometimes get thrown around. I'd like to say it all just blew in, but I actually paid $600 for the set. I was tired of replacing things every couple of years.

Comment

Great news GatorEye. WUN has always been my favorite. I continue to utilize multiple weather services with HS.

Here I'm trying to guage how much wind it takes to move all of my deck furniture off the deck. The Fine Offset "recorded" gusts of 35-40 MPH the other day and 2 chairs were "moved" off the deck.
          That's crazy! I would definitely go with something heavier if it moves that much. I hated moving heavy patio furniture indoors when I had to worry about the hurricanes.

Are you close to getting the Davis yet?

Comment

No.

Procrastinating.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I thought about procrastinating once, but I couldn't decide where to start.

Comment

Funny Greg.

Wondering if you are starting to do that 4 AM wake thing that comes with "age" and "retirement" yet?

My father would get up too early for golf; wax his car; then go play golf at daybreak.

For sure I am in a windy area. Today the gusts are blowing kids playsets not anchored between yards. (no fences allowed here).
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Weather is hovering between fall and winter. Almost done with the "front of the house" LED conversion. Maybe still have a bit of nice weather.

Ordered a Vantage Vue 6250 yesterday (a very good one time deal). Looks like the serial mod is relatively simple. Looks like only 3 wires to a TTL converter. Very similiar to the same TTL converter I already have used as a Foscam and Patriot Box Office JTAG like cable with the 3.3VDC on it.

Will be using it with Cumulus. I want to run it concurrently with the Fine Offset.
                  Last edited by Pete; November 13, 2011, 08:30 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

This morning I created a new WUN ID for the Fine Offset / Cumulus and Davis Vantage Vue / Cumulus weather upload.

I'll also be adding a third ID for the Davis Vantage Vue / Cumulus setup on another computer.

I want to put a weather station in FL; so doing the beginning pieces by building a small footprint vesa mounted (it'll be mounted on the wall in the wiring closet) PC.

I'm also going to try (?) to install a weather cam. It'll most likely be an outdoor wireless IP cam (might go with a cheapy to start). I have access to power and can maybe utilize Cat5E on that side of the house for a POE (maybe) setup.
                    Last edited by Pete; November 14, 2011, 08:14 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete - looking forward to seeing your comparisons with the Fine Offset.

Also, those who are using WUnderground's XML data feed, they have now added wind and humidity data. It's definitely looking better.

Comment

I'm getting realistic wind speeds with the Fine Offset; something I have really never had with the AAG (2) over the last 13 years.

Wondering how many of the AAG's are out there in weather world and used "officially" for "real time" wind speed and gust data?

The real test though will be to see the differences between the Vantage Vue and the Fine Offset (and the AAG anyways).
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Wierd; waiting for my other two ID's; I see them but yet still have not received the confirmation Email.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I want to put a weather station in FL; so doing the beginning pieces by building a small footprint vesa mounted (it'll be mounted on the wall in the wiring closet) PC.
                            Is the weather bad in the closet Pete? (Sorry, it's the meds)

Comment

Terrible in the wiring closet.

Yes meds can affect what you see or hear. But are you talking to the TV or computer or inanimate objects in your house yet? Do you carry two way conversations with the two of "yous" or go to a store and forget why you went to the store? Do you talk to your wife even though she's not in the house or in the same room with you? Does your dog give you advice? Do you wear an aluminum foil head cover for "protection"? Are you sounding the words out loud as you respond to this post? Are you seeing little floaties of weird shapes floating across your field of vision?

If not you are still OK.

I've had to use "special" Home Depot drywall screws; able to deal with Category 5 hurricane winds....

On a different subject I never put an exhaust Fan in the closet and it has a solid core door; never really gets too warm after almost 5 years with two panels. 2 switches, amplifiers and routers inside of the Leviton can so far no issues.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

But are you talking to the TV or computer or inanimate objects in your house yet? Do you carry two way conversations with the two of "yous" or go to a store and forget why you went to the store? Do you talk to your wife even though she's not in the same room with you? Does your dog give you advice? Do you were an aluminum head cover?
                                I've always done all of that.

But now the cat is answering me. and the house is talking.... no, wait: That's homeseer.

Comment

Working...
                                X