Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eddiie View Post
    I am using client version 1.09.7.2012/10/26.
    It happens on all (5) HSClients, have not tested this issue on a non-hstouch client as of yet.

This issue was happening before adding the lines to the startup and shutdown scripts. - they were added because the buttons did not work.

Is there no difference in code between a macro call and command=?

It seems odd the run and killl is working at startup but the buttons don't without calling a macro first (seems to reset communication). I remember reporting the issue it wasn't working (which you fixed in 1.09.7)

The real issue is my StartHS client and Stop HSClient buttons do not work after rebooting HS until I click a button containing a macro first (in my case brighten the Joggler display, which calls a macro to do it).

So are you saying that you can still operate the client correctly via a script call but not the same action when programmed into a button?

Apart from Macros, which buttons work?
    Jon

Comment

Date issues have nothing to do with unicode. This is a conflict somewhere between VB.NET/HS/regional settings.

All I can suggest is that you run Homeseer with US/UK settings and set your PC accordingly. You must change the regional settings on your PC first, then shutdown Homeseer and delete the file 'settings_regional.xml' in your config folder. When you restart HS, a new language xml file will be created using the new regional settings on your PC.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        So are you saying that you can still operate the client correctly via a script call but not the same action when programmed into a button?

Apart from Macros, which buttons work?
        I am not sure what I am saying anymore... Pretty confused. I think I'll remove the run and kill commands from the startup and shutdown scripts as you suggested to help clear things up. On next reboot, I will try some buttons and start a new post.

Comment

Date issues have nothing to do with unicode. This is a conflict somewhere between VB.NET/HS/regional settings.

All I can suggest is that you run Homeseer with US/UK settings and set your PC accordingly. You must change the regional settings on your PC first, then shutdown Homeseer and delete the file 'settings_regional.xml' in your config folder. When you restart HS, a new language xml file will be created using the new regional settings on your PC.
          Yes! That was it! I did not know that homeseer creates that kind of file.
          I deleted, it created it again, with the new regional settings...
          Now the road is open for my jon00 remote scripts adventure!!!
          Sincerelly thank you.

Comment

Hi Jon,Can you help me debug a connection issue. I'm using version 1.2.8.5 of the client to manage two win7 touchscreen computers to turn the screens off at night and if no one is in the room and on if the opposite is true. I was often having port connection problems so I tried changing using the ClientConnectMode to 1. It appears like that helps somewhat but I still see the connection drop on one or both of the computers. When I check the threads I'll see Jon00RCCNM.vben (100) in running status instead of waitsleepjoin...a cycle of Homeseer will usually reestablish the connections. The script call I'm using via an event call is &hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","1||monoff","0") or monon depending on the situation. I've had this problem for awhile and it seemed to get a little better with the last release. Any ideas where to start? Thanks, Pete

Comment

You really must be having poor connectivity issues for that to happen. The script first checks that the client can be connected. It would appear that this passes but then connection drops whilst the TCP connection is being made and locks up. I'm afraid you will not be able to use ClientConnectMode=1 in your situation.

Go back to ClientConnectMode=0 and then add the following under [Settings]

ClientTOAll=20

This sets the client connection timeout to 2 seconds (rather than 1). You can try other values if you wish.

See if that makes any difference.
              Jon

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Jon! I'll give it a try..Thanks, Pete

Comment

Hi Jon,

I am running Squeezelite as a service on a heap of PC's at home, and for the most part it seems fine except every now and then the service needs to be stopped and started to get it working again.

I have currently achieved this by using a batch file, with net stop squeezelite and then net start squeezelite however I would much rather this happen in the background without having focus taken from what people are using the device for to the batch file running.

The command was started using the below:
                  &result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","26||run||C:\resta rtsp.bat")

I tried changing the run to the net stop squeezelite but it did not seem to do anything on my system. The service did not stop either.

Is there another way i can send a net stop command to the remote clients, then a net start, or is this something that would be better with a macro, and if so how can the starting and stopping of services be added into that?

Thanks for your help!
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

If you are trying to hide the batch file, have you tried:

&result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main","26||run||C:\re sta rtsp.bat||||1")
                    Jon

Comment

You really must be having poor connectivity issues for that to happen. The script first checks that the client can be connected. It would appear that this passes but then connection drops whilst the TCP connection is being made and locks up. I'm afraid you will not be able to use ClientConnectMode=1 in your situation.

Go back to ClientConnectMode=0 and then add the following under [Settings]

ClientTOAll=20

This sets the client connection timeout to 2 seconds (rather than 1). You can try other values if you wish.

See if that makes any difference.
                      Hi Jon, I was still having problems so after more investigation I found the issue and thought I would post here..I have two win7 clients running HSouch that have both a wired and wireless adapter(you can probably see where this is going). I had the wireless adapters disabled,but they must have been enabled due to a recent driver update pushed via Microsoft windows update which kept giving me these connection errors. The puzzling thing it would never be at startup, but an hour or two, day or so later and would be remedied by cycling the clients. Once I disabled the wireless adapters again all was good..There probably won't be many folks that run into this issue but spent a fair amount of time on it so thought I would share..Thanks again, Pete

Comment

Finally put this plugin back on latest HS build.
                        Everything is working great though the device status on my only connected device shows troubled.

I ran the log and verified its not the image file and like I said everything is working fine. No a big deal so I'll snoop around later and try to figure it out.

Tks
                        HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Do you have the ping times showing on the device. If so what do they show?
                          Jon

Comment

Actually I just realized what I did.
                            I had a duplicate port number filled in for the network setting of the device.
                            Don't know how I did that but as soon as I deleted the port from that section everything seems fine now.
                            Tks
                            HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Having issues with adding devices

So I am starting to use this a bit more. I have had a handful of Windows clients being watched and a few network devices for some time and it works great. I added a few new devices and the network devices got created no problem but the client ones did not. I set logging to 1 and did not see anything show up in the log. I tried forcing it and ran Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("clientstatus","") but no new devices. I have checked to ensure the devicecodes are good and the ports accurate. What am I missing here? How do I troubleshoot why they are not being created?

Thank you.

Comment

Would you please email me your Jon00RCCNM.ini file. It will be difficult to diagnose without it.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X