Video Recording Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    I have the original drivers et al and will post them shortly.
    May be no need for posting the drivers. Uninstalled WinTV, leaving the drivers in place for now, and now the capture is working. Might know, I'd just ordered the new device yesterday.

Now I have to sit through two hours of ear bleeding country music to get this tape done.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

The drivers are above in a MS drive directory if you want them.

Good news on getting your stuff working.

When I did the VHS to video file captures I just walked away as many tapes were over 4 hours long. His two sons played football in HS and he did record every game every season they played. I did the same when my son played soccer here way long time ago.

Initially did make DVDs which were even more time consuming such that I just went to compressing the video files here and putting multiple compressed video files on DVDs.

Today anything will play those compressed files and really DVD's are legacy these days.

It was a favor done. One tape conversion is easy but some 50 tapes or so was a PITA and I will never do this again.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Don't think I need the drivers now. I'll just leave the computer up until I get these done.
        Unfortunately, I have to sit thru these as there are several programs on a tape and they'll want to be separate files. Need to know where the breaks are supposed to be. Got cotton in my ears to soak up the blood. Man this stuff is mournful!
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
        X