This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NUVO Deprecated errors

Any ideas as to what may be causing the following errors?

Running HSPRO 2.4.0.11
    Nuvo plugin 1.0.0.10
    Grandconcerto firmware v2.63

4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Kitchen was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Hannah Bedroom was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Austin Bedroom was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Living Room was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Master Bedroom was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Master Bathroom was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Garage was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Porch was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 9 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 10 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 11 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 12 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 13 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 14 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 15 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 16 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 17 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 18 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used. 4/3/2010 8:59:57 AM Warning 'status' property on device Nuvo Zone 19 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.
    There are only 8 zones configured and 6 source inputs configured.

An update:

The plugin is getting the zones and 5 of the 6 configured sources from the Nuvo unit but I can not control the unit from HS.

On the interfaces/config page for the Nuvo plugin in HS, the only option is to select the com port.

I have tried different com ports on the HS computer and this does not resolve the issue.

I have tried both versions on the Nuvo plug in and get the same results.

HS PC com port is set to 57600 8 N 1 N. DB9 cable in 6ft so cable length should not be an issue.

I have also adjusted the serial delay in the Nuvo.

Does someone have files or suggestions from their working Nuvo plugin that would be willing to share?

Comment

Can anyone that has this plugin working please answer a few questions:

Are you plugging directly into the serial port on the rear of the Grand Concerto from the HS PC?

Anyone using the Nuvo NV-NAA adapter?

What is the firmware level of your Grand Concerto?

Is this plugin working with your HSPRO 2.4.0.11?

Comment

Another update:

As a test, I loaded an old version of HS2 (ver 2.2.0.66) on my laptop to test Nuvo plugin ver 1.0.0.0 and 1.0.0.10.

In testing both plugin versions there were not any deprecated errors in the test HS2 log.
        But the following occurred is HS:
        Would get only 7 of the 8 configured zones from GC.
        Would get only 5 of the 6 configured sources from the GC.
        Would get only 2 of the 6 keypads according to the nuvo.ini settings.
        Would not turn any of the zones on or off with any of the sources.

There has to be a problem with the HS interface that HS uses to communicate with the GC. There is some limited communication occurring at plugin startup.

I have to wonder this plugin ever fully functioned with any of the Nuvo products.

I don't think the Nuvo serial protocol has changed as the most current serial protocol documentation from Nuvo is dated 2007.

This is really disappointing because we spent the cash for the Nuvo and were expecting to be able to manage it from HS.

Comment

I honestly think only like 3 people use this plugin... most people i know(including me) use the russound system.

a Deprecated error basically means the plugin calls a method/function/property that is no longer available in homeseer.. i remember homeseer changed some of those around version 2.3.0.139... Homeseer just needs to update this plugin with the new method/function/property calls.

Althought the plugin should still work.. it may just no update the status in homeseer... there is an option i believe in the new version of homeseer to hide deprecated warnings..

-Tom-
          -Tom-

Comment

Tom-

Thanks for the info.

I figured the deprecated problem was something within homeseer.

I really hope that homeseer resolves this issue soon. Everything that I have tried will not make the plugin control the Nuvo GC.

If anyone else has the Nuvo plugin working properly, please feel fee to offer some advice as it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

I now have the NUVO NV-MP hooked up to my GC.

The Music Port works very nicely with the CG keypads. All music data is displayed and updated on the keypads. Pandora works as well! Only issue with Pandora is that it needs to be started from the web interface. This is not an issue with the new stand alone MP server.

There is a web server built into the MP software to view and control the GC. One can also telnet into the MP software to issue commands directly to the GC and monitor/capture the data flow between the MP and the CG.

When I would telnet into the MP and enable the HS NUVO plugin, I could see the config data being sent from the GC to HS. HS does not know how to properly handle the data from and to the GC thus causing the plugin to not function.

It would be nice if HS would get this plugin updated to take advantage of all the features of the GC with the MP software.

I have had a help desk ticket open for 24 days now with no response.

This is so disappointing due to how much potential is there between HS and the GC with the MP.

Comment

Any update on a (new/updated) plugin supporting the NV-MP?

Comment

It would be nice if HS would get the plugin working properly with the Nuvo GC. I have had a help desk ticket open since April with very little progress.

I have the music port and control it with the mp web interface. Keypads will not start pandora so I have to use the web interface anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X