X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in status and compatibility?

Hello all,

I'm considering whole house audio options and have narrowed it down on the hardware side to Russound or Nuvo. Both have their pros/cons.

I've taken a look at both plugin forums and want to clear things up, if anyone has advice. Does the current plugin work with NUVO Grand Concerto system? Are there any firmware changes that might make the answer different, or are they basically all the same?

I see that plugin updates haven't come out for this plugin for some time. I know Homeseer lists the Grand Concerto as being compatible with this plugin, I just wanted to get some real-world feedback.

I've posted a similar query in the Russound plugin forum.

Thanks for the help in advance!

NUVO plugin

I am also wondering why this plugin is not in the updater anymore, is it a firmware compatibility problem ?

Comment

Nuvo Plugin

I also see that it is not in the updater any longer. I needed to flash my hometroller pro and now don't see a way to reinstall the plugin. I mean, it didn't do much but I did have a lot of events that triggered the zones.

Comment

I love my Nuvo, and I really couldn't live without it. I never did get Homeseer working with it and when I finally decided to spend some time to do that, I had the same revelation. The plug in does not work and it is no longer supported.

I went ahead and bought the source code for the plug in thinking it wouldn't be too hard to figure out what was wrong with it, only to learn the code I got is about 60% complete. To be frank... it's a freakin' mess. If the plug in was distributed based on the code I got, I am shocked that it ever worked at all.

I was successful in getting the thing to debug for me and am working on refactoring and cleaning things up as well as filling in all of the missing bits. It's going to take some time but I intend to get this plug in working with HS2. It shouldn't be too bad to then port it to HS3 once I take that plunge.

So far I got it initializing, creating devices, and retrieving the current status.

Anyway, thought you nuvo guys might want to know I'm working to get this done.

Comment

Great !

I still use this plugin on many installs and it works on HS -> NUVO triggers. The other way around never worked and we get many error messages that dont affect reliability.

Thanks for the heads up !

[loowee]

Comment

Another Nuvo GC owner here.... willing to help test the plugin.

Comment

Update:

Made some good progress today. I have expanded the plugin significantly, so that it exposes every feature of the Nuvo except for the music ( at this point ). It seems it was only designed to implement the HSMultizoneAPI and the Nuvo will do much more than that. This was a bigger bite than I anticipated, but I'm plowing through it.

So far, it connects and retrieves all of the configuration information. It is also receiving status updates when you make changes at the touchpad.

The way it's fleshing out, it should even replace the Nuvo Configurator application ( other than firmware updates, of course ) so you can configure the Nuvo directly from within HS.

Next steps will be to do a bit of clean up and move on to wiring my classes to HS devices.

Comment

If you can retreive infos from HS to the NUVO keypads, this would be a perfect way to communicate between Homeseer media player and the nuvo system.

Great work Dbusch ! Thx !

Comment

i had mine working with alot of changes as well its so messed up and job change that i never continued on it. i dont know why they released it like this

Comment

I finally gave up on the plug-in last year and wrote scripts to control my Nuvo. I do love my Nuvo! Actually my unit is a Breath-Audio which is made by Nuvo. I'd love to beta test the plug-in although I recall something being slightly different in the Breath - Audio version, I believe it was the baud rate... Anyway I'll have to check.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Comment

yup the breath audio setup is just baud rate simple fix in the comm document.

Comment

dbusch-

Would you be interested in letting me test your revised plugin with my setup?

Comment

Originally posted by scotchskip View Post
                          dbusch-

Would you be interested in letting me test your revised plugin with my setup?

Happy to test here as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X