Harmony Remote and HP Pavilion Plasma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmony Remote and HP Pavilion Plasma

Trying to setup a Harmony remote for a HP Pavilion 4200N. The remote software doesn't match up the the actual inputs of the TV. RemoteCentral doesn't appear to have any chatter on this problem.

I'm assuming that HP just re badges this TV. Can anyone give me a clue how to find out the actual manufacture so I can get the remote to work?

Thanks....
    Don

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    Trying to setup a Harmony remote for a HP Pavilion 4200N. The remote software doesn't match up the the actual inputs of the TV. RemoteCentral doesn't appear to have any chatter on this problem.

I'm assuming that HP just re badges this TV. Can anyone give me a clue how to find out the actual manufacture so I can get the remote to work?

Thanks....
    Can you simply scan the HP TV remote buttons/actions into the harmony remote and then use them in your macros?
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Don't know about scanning.... The software that comes with it makes it fairly easy to map the remote's keys to particular functions, but you need to identify the TV for the software to pull the IR codes from Logitech's database, and apparently I haven't done that correctly.

Appreciate the thought.
      Don

Comment

I agree with Huggy, I used IR learning/scanning with my 880 fairly extensively. Maybe Logitech's forum can help? e.g. http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...ps/td-p/211978
        All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Turns out that my TV was in their database, but I over-thought it. Who would have thought...?
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post

Turns out that my TV was in their database, but I over-thought it. Who would have thought...?
            That's great news and a real time saver
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
            X