Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kira ir over ip

Hi,

I have recently bought one of these modules:- http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/ke...%29/KIRAM.html

They are great value for the UK and Europe and do everything I want.

I have written a script and webpage to use the modules in case anyone is interested, I have used this to make some remote screens for HSTouch and have to say the product works well with HSTouch.

Hope the scripts are useful to somebody.

Regards,

Cabbage
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cabbage; October 11, 2011, 04:44 PM.

I might give this a try, will yours scripts support multiple devices in different rooms?

Comment

yes,

there is some basic documentation in the zip file. any problems let me know.

cabbage

Comment

Many thanks for writing these scripts. I got a couple of KIRAs some time ago but never got round to doing anything with them; Homeseer integration is well beyond my capabilities.

Although calling the control subroutines directly works fine, trying to use the Main (e.g. run script KIRA_Send.vb("Main","2")) or KIRAIP subroutine generates an error:

Scripting runtime error: System.ArgumentException: Object of type 'System.String' cannot be converted to type 'System.Int32'. at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.CheckArguments(Object[] parameters, etc etc.

Tried every combination of writing the parameters that I can think of but none of them work.

I've got round it by putting them into separate scripts, then they run OK.

Bill

Comment

Bill,

I just put a new version in the opening post. It has worked here for me let me know.

Cabbage

Comment

Thanks for the update. It seems to work fine now.

Comment

I've just ordered one of these, I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
                I've just ordered one of these, I'll let you know how I get on
                Good Stuff let me know if I can help.

Comment

I've kind of stumbled on the first hurdle.

I've got my Kira on the network, and I'm trying to learn some IR codes.

I click the learn button in the java applet, and send some ir command from a remote control, but I get no data appearing in the code window. I can see in the IR and Networking activity that the IR code is being received. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

I've attached a screen shot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok I'm getting somewhere, I still had the same problem at first, then in desperation tried another remote control, and it worked perfectly.

So it looks like the problem all the time was isolated to the remote I was using. I was trying to learn the codes for a portable air conditioning unit. Although I can see data being received on the IR and network activity window, nothing changes in the left window. However, if I use a TV remote control it works fine, and I can see the IR Code on the left hand side.

I have been speaking to Keene Electronics about this, they have been really helpfull so far. I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

Comment

This is now resolved, I didn't realise that the IR Code for the A/C unit transmits everything setting from the LCD screen, so the Code was very long. I have received a tweaked Java config program from Keene where I can copy codes from the right hand window. I've copied the code into the ini file and all looks good.

Is it possible to have homeseer trigger events from IR Codes received?

Comment

Is it possible to have homeseer trigger events from IR Codes received?
                        Requires it to be an plugin registered as an IR interface for you to be able to do this unfortunately jim.

Comment

Jim,

If this is something you really want, I think it may be possible with scripts but it will not be easy. Initially, I had started using a script to do what the Keene Java App does, but went with the Java app as it is much easier to use. I have a script which receives Packets from the Keene Device and Writes it to an INI, so In theory you could compare the received string to all other stored strings and then trigger something if it matches.

It was not something I was worried about as I planned on replacing remotes with a hstouch client but I have the receive script I used if you want to mess about and see if you can get it to work.

Cabbage

Comment

Cannot get Apple TV to work with Kira from Keene

Codey, could I please ask are you using the remote wands with the Kira unit and if so where have you stuck the wand on the Apple TV. I've captured the codes but no response from the Apple TV. I guess a question remains as to if I've captured the right codes?

Comment

Originally posted by chrispsoft View Post
                              Codey, could I please ask are you using the remote wands with the Kira unit and if so where have you stuck the wand on the Apple TV. I've captured the codes but no response from the Apple TV. I guess a question remains as to if I've captured the right codes?

Chrispsoft,

I find the best way to trouble shoot is to use the simple web page I have included with the script to test the code each time you capture a key. I also found that it was best to capture codes from a distance of about 2M or more where the Usb UIRT I had used previously needed the remote a few cm from the sensor. Also try quick presses on the remote. Failing that check with Keene if the Apple TV would be supported.

Cabbage

Comment

Working...
                              X