This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvo connectivity to HSPro

I have a Nuvo GC system with 16 zones and a dedicated music server connected through Music Port. I also have an HSPro system as well as an HAI OmniPro II. I want to add automation to my Nuvo system (i.e. wake up to music in the morning, have the system come on when I turn off the alarm after a long day at the office, etc.) and I was thinking about connecting the Nuvo to my HSPro system versus my OPII. In fact, one of the reasons I upgraded to HSPro was because the Nuvo plug-in was included but based on what I am reading here, the Nuvo plug-in for HS doesn't work reliably and has very limited support from HS based on the forum threads I see here.

Is this still the current situation? Any additional insight into what combination of things work and don't work? Anyone working on an alternative plug-in? What is the best path forward here?

Thx,
    GlennWo

Did you try the plugin?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Honestly, not yet. Looking for some feedback first before taking the plunge. The Nuvo section of the forum seems to be quite sparse which I didn't take as a good sign. Maybe I'm looking at that the wrong way.

Comment

You can always try it and if it doesn't work disable the plugin. I'm not sure how many users use this hardware so the plugin is most likely a very low priority.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yep, I get your point. The only problem is that I'm not one to give up easily. If it doesn't work, I will likely spend weeks trying to figure out why and jumping through hoops to make it work. Was hoping to avoid all that if it's a lost cause. Guess there is only one way to find out for sure.

At least now I know what I will be doing in my spare time for the next several weeks. I'll report back here on my findings and experiences. Stay tuned...

I'm still open to any best practices (i.e. does and don'ts) as I start the adventure so please post em if you got em...

Thx,
          GlennWo

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            You can always try it and if it doesn't work disable the plugin. I'm not sure how many users use this hardware so the plugin is most likely a very low priority.

The Nuvo plugin does not work as advertised and getting support from HS to fix the problem has been "a very low priority".

Try it and see if it works with your setup.

Possibly with your help, myself and a few others we can finally make some progress. I will not change out my Nuvo system just because it does not interface with HS correctly. I am using scripts to get around this issue for now.

Let us know.

Comment

Chris
              Can you please share the Script you use to control the Nuvo with HSpro

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by maanav15 View Post
                Chris
                Can you please share the Script you use to control the Nuvo with HSpro

Thank you

Here ya go: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=29

Comment

Originally posted by scotchskip View Post
                  The Nuvo plugin does not work as advertised and getting support from HS to fix the problem has been "a very low priority".

Try it and see if it works with your setup.

Possibly with your help, myself and a few others we can finally make some progress. I will not change out my Nuvo system just because it does not interface with HS correctly. I am using scripts to get around this issue for now.

Let us know.
                  I too sense it's a 'VERY low priority'. I tried to get it to work with my Music Port and GC... No luck, and with moving, renovations ... had to focus on other stuff.

I would like to get my Grand Concerto/Music Port working with HS.

I'll try the scripts mentioned, but am also offering to help with an updated plugin.

G

Comment

Re: Nuvo connectivity to HSPro

I too gave up on this plug-in and just wrote scripts. They work well, although I can never get the feedback status to work as I'm not too knowledgeable with scripting.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
                    Last edited by Krameduoh; January 30, 2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X