Dune HD mediaplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dune HD mediaplayer

Has anyone tried to interface with Dune HD mediaplayers through IP control?

I know there is a Dune Remote for iphone/ipad, so the mediaplayer is controllable by IP commands.

Also I found a document with IP control commands in it, but don't know how to make Homeseer send/receive it to/from the mediaplayer.

http://dune-hd.com/firmware/ip_contr...l_overview.txt

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

just looking at that text file to control the media player you might get away with some geturl commands;

hs.geturl("http://10.0.0.1", "/cgi-bin/do?
    cmd=start_dvd_playback&media_url=storage_name://MyHDD1/SomeFolder/dvd_image.iso", True, 80)

You would end up needing to write a script or better interface to make it user friendly though...

Comment

Thanks for that. I will be able to test this when I get my dune player. Will keep you posted.

Other suggestions are welcome....

Comment

I'm just about to order a Dune player. How did you get on with interfacing it to HS?

Thanks
        Nicolai L

Comment

I did not get to it yet. I'm still using my old AC Ryan Playon with the original remote.

Comment

Which model of the Dune player are you going to get?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I know the last post is from early 2012, but is anyone currently using a Dune HD Media Player in their HS setup?

Thanks,
              -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I do, just 1-way. 1 simple script and a bunch of events triggered by a Pronto remote (with Prontonic plugin)

Chiel.

Comment

I'm using two Dune players. I wrote a script to control them.
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Do you have 2-way communication? I would love to use the Dune for music without the need of a monitor.

Chiel.

Comment

No, mine's all 1-way, pumping commands to the Dune players via the HTTP commands. I'm only using it as a DVD/Blu-Ray player so the monitor is always on in my case
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                      X