HS2 PRO + Win 8.1 & 16 cameras (2xBT878) + Win 7 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 PRO + Win 8.1 & 16 cameras (2xBT878) + Win 7 Pro

Those 2 PCs was running XP, and now, since I'm starting everything from scratch, would like to build the "best" surveillance system, having the camera's PC talking to HS PRO and vice versa.

My HS PRO is configured with a lot of "security" devices into (ad2usb, insteon, x10, rfxcom and +), doing nothing except giving informations, and the camera's PC was running Active webcam pro, but except for live monitoring of sending emails, was not usefull as it could be...

Any suggestions? I was thinking about upgrading to HS PRO 3, and finding a "better" cctv software, but still at the beginning of my learning and develop process!

Thanks.

I guess it depends how you intend on setting up the system, and if you are fine with having multiple PC's or just one PC.

If you are fine with multiple PC's I can recommend Zoneminder which is really a linux distribution with web server, analytics and so on. Pete here on the forums has done alot with this and will be no doubt able to provide advice but the really helpful thing is that if you have fixed cameras you can basically 'map' zones in the image, so when motion is detected in that specific zone (e.g. at the front door but not the driveway) you can use the XAP plugin (for Zoneminder, and HS3) to update a device and subsequently run an event etc.

I think last I checked Zoneminder was free as well
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Zoneminder is very open and works with just about any camera.

There is also Blue Iris in the Wintel world (and a free Wintel CCTV software program out there).

I currently am running two ZM boxes. One is sort of a hybrid of an 8 port / 8 chip analog card, SD & HD IP cameras. The second one is pure IP HD cameras. They are running today on Ubuntu 12.10 64/32 bit machines.

As Travis has mentioned above it has built in video analytics for event recording and triggers. Here I use a mixture of sensors and the video analytics.

Also as Travis has mentioned you can utilize xAP for event triggers or control of Zoneminder. Lately here I have been playing with X10 control and alarm panel integration of events et al. Works and its a bit easier to integrate the alarm panel stuff with X10. Having the two choices makes for easier integration.

Over the years I have integrated the use of Homeseer with the ZM boxes; works well for me.

I have not updated the DIY (How To) in a while but it does provide some basics relating to installation and use of Zoneminder here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145533
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X