Event works but takes way to long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event works but takes way to long

I am using the Tasker plugin and one of the events that I am using is turning off my garage lights when I leave my house when the wifi is not near. The event works, but it usually takes like 15 to 20 minutes to finally run. Is there something on the phone that I need to change to detect that the wifi is out of range once I leave the driveway?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Steve

Originally posted by skozin View Post
    I am using the Tasker plugin and one of the events that I am using is turning off my garage lights when I leave my house when the wifi is not near. The event works, but it usually takes like 15 to 20 minutes to finally run. Is there something on the phone that I need to change to detect that the wifi is out of range once I leave the driveway?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Hi Steve,

In order your phone to react efficiently sometimes you have to add some helper apps. Download Wi-Fi Matic. That will help to turn off the Wi-Fi radio if you are not in range of your network and the rest in Tasker as you have been. Set the app to remember your network only.
    I hope that helps.

Regards.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I tried that and it still takes up to 20 minutes after I left my house to trigger the event. (Way too long). Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by skozin View Post
        I tried that and it still takes up to 20 minutes after I left my house to trigger the event. (Way too long). Any other suggestions?
        Hi,
        If you did the above then use the Locale/Tasker plugin found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifimatch&hl=en

Your tasks should be based on EXIT tasks (Wi-Fi disconnected). Assuming that you have created an entry task first. (In other words Wi-Fi has connected)

WiFi Matic will save you battery power and the Locale/Tasker plugin is quick to detect if your network is disconnected.

Also in your tasks set up include "Secure Settings: Configuration, Mobile Data Enabled"

Regards.

Eman.
        Last edited by Eman; August 29, 2015, 04:15 PM.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
        X