can't seem to "connect" to the rain8net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't seem to "connect" to the rain8net

I just got a brand new rain8net master controller, and tried configuring it at #1.

so, I

Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Call the phone number on the installation instructions for help. I found them to be very responsive and helpful. I am also working through an issue of not being able to address a controller.

Also, each controller already comes programmed to address #1. If this is your first unit, you don't need to address it since it is already done.

Comment

J,
      I sent an email last night. The contact there is extremely helpful...in my opinion wgl is one of the best companies i've had the pleasure of purchasing from, them and Simply Automated. Amazing customer service.

Anyway, he's going to send me a whole replacement communication setup, from the 6 conductor phone cable to the usb rs232 adapter - to help me troubleshoot the defective unit in my setup. I can control my existing setup, but i can't read from it, only control it. I thought it was a defective controller, because i "let the smoke out" of it (thus the new master controller). I purchased a new 6 conductor phone line, but who knows, maybe the wrong kind.

anyway, thanks for the response. i've put in 20+ hours with my setup, just dorking around with it, so let me know if you need another brain cell to look at your problem.

Thanks,

Ian
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
      X