Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reading RFXCOM.mdb Data Into RFXCharts Without RFXCOM Plug-In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading RFXCOM.mdb Data Into RFXCharts Without RFXCOM Plug-In...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">I have been trying to get RFXCharts to work with my RFXCOM.mdb. I have a custom script that loads data from my RFXSensor hourly, and all of that seems to be going quite well. I am using ACRF2 to collect the sensor data, and therefore I do not have the RFXCOM plugin installed.

I came across the RFXSensor.aspx page and modified it to read the database, and have all of that working...

So now it appears that the hard part is out of the way, but I want to get the RFXCharts plugin working with my database. I can't figure out how to read the data into the SensorH.aspx page. I would like to use the charts plugin as it has nice date range controls which would be most beneficial. The SensorH.aspx page simply gives me an empty chart as follows...

My vision quest is to get this page reading out data from my database.

It is an exact replica of the one maintained by the RFXCOM plug-in.

The specifications for it were takin from the plugin documentation.

I am sure this road has been well traveled, but....

I can't seem to get there from here!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dave,

The RFXCharts will only work with the RFXCOM plug-in. Sorry.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks sooty

So I have any options at all?

Can I install the plugin and just let it sit there.

I am using a W800 receiver, so I can't actully run it.

My custom script keeps the plug-in database updated.

So, if the plug-in is installed, and the database is updated...

Shouldn't the charts be able to grab the data somehow?

Comment

Dave,

I understand that you can't use the RFXCOM plug-in with your W800 receiver, but it's not just a matter of having the RFXCOM plug-in installed.

The charts pages were designed to work with the RFXCOM plug-in and therefore sensor configuration information is obtained from the RFXCOM plug-in at chart run-time. In order for a sensor to be displayed on the charts, it must exist as an RFXCOM device within Homeseer.

I originally created the current charts pages for personal use, to expand on what was supplied with the RFXCOM plug-in, and then decided to share my work with other interested people.

I did not intend the charts pages to be locked to the RFXCOM plug-in, but it has sort of evolved this way.

I don't have the ACRF plug-in or a W800 receiver, and as the charts are not a paid-for product, I suppose it's not really in my interest to support them.

Once again, I'm sorry if this souds a bit negative.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks Paul,

I suppose before I give up, I will try to find out where those sensor settings are stored, and attempt to manually insert them so the charts pages thinks the plug-in is functioning properly. Then, if I hit a wall, I will retreat with my tail between my legs!

Dave

Comment

Dave,

Again, I don't wish to sound negative, but I can probably save you some time searching.

For a device to appear on the charts, it must be present in Homeseer and it must be an RFXCOM plug-in owned device.

Paul..

Comment

Paul,

Thanks for saving me from an exercise in futility!

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X