X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugins Starting without Request.

Hello,

I'm having issues with what looks like 2 different plugins starting without myself trying to Enable them.

When I Enable some of UltraJones plugins, there are 2 of Blades plugins that try to initialize without me clicking Enable on the Interface page.

Heres a Link that Bob suggested it was a HS issue and not the plugins... http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=1#post1134714

Can someone help?

Thanks

Charlie
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

What happens if you explicitly disable the plug-ins after they start by themselves and then restart HS?

You could also try renaming, moving, or deleting the hspi_<PIname> DLL file for the plug-ins that you don't want to start, but unless you really don't want them, that would be a last resort.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You could maybe check the start up script or the settings ini file.

The settings ini file typically has a reference to the enabled plugins.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I'm not sure the status of those 2 trial plugins before, but their tabs never showed up on the top of the HS GUI page. Thats why I never paid any attention to them.

I tried what Micheal said. When I looked in the HS Interface page, the two plugins were "Enabled" and their Trial License Expired (cause I dont use them).

So I disabled the 2 plugins and tried to reproduce the issue. Its solved at least for now.

Thanks for both your suggestions.

Charlie
        HSPro: 3.0.0.194
        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Yup; the best place to look for plugins is the setup / interfaces tab.

There you can see if the plugin is disabled / enabled / registered or on a trial.

As Mike mentioned above if you removed the dll you will not see them in the above mentioned section.

Some HS2 plugins do not show up under the plugins tab.

Many also do not put a button/tab on the top menu.

Some HS2 plugin writers also created a standard Microsoft removal piece of their software; while other plugins you have to remove a few things aside from the DLL if you want a clean removal of the plugin. (INI files, DATA files, DLL files, etc).

Relating to Homeseer 2 I utilize Jon's Link's edit script which edits the top menu items of Homeseer 2.
          Last edited by Pete; August 25, 2014, 09:01 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X