Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Micro Switch and 3-Way Lighting

Hello all,

I bought an Aeotec in-wall micro switch and am attempting to get it to control a light fixture with 3-way switches (2 switches). The wiring looks like this:

Breaker ---(B/W)---> Switch1 ---(B/W/R)---> Switch2 ---(B/W)---> Light

This means that AC Power is in one box (Switch1) and the Load is in the other box (Switch2).

Is it possible to use a single micro controller in this situation? I've read the manuals and googled all over, but can't seem to find a way to understand how I will be able to get power to the light and still use both physical switches with the micro switch.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ian351c View Post
    Hello all,

I bought an Aeotec in-wall micro switch and am attempting to get it to control a light fixture with 3-way switches (2 switches). The wiring looks like this:

Breaker ---(B/W)---> Switch1 ---(B/W/R)---> Switch2 ---(B/W)---> Light

This means that AC Power is in one box (Switch1) and the Load is in the other box (Switch2).

Is it possible to use a single micro controller in this situation? I've read the manuals and googled all over, but can't seem to find a way to understand how I will be able to get power to the light and still use both physical switches with the micro switch.

Thanks.
    I think you need an extra wire if you only want to use one micro-switch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3way aetoec.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	1178696

I can't think of a way to do it with the 3 wires you have, but I'll give it some more thought.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Ok, there is a way to do it with your existing switches. Configure the Aeotec for momentary operation and wire it as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	aotec micro.png
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1178697

Every time you throw a switch, the Aetoc will see a quick change and switch the light.

Cheers
      Al

Comment

I saw that diagram earlier and didn't know what to make of it. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ian351c View Post
          I saw that diagram earlier and didn't know what to make of it. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
          You're welcome. It's a modification I made of the 4-way diagram in here: http://www.homeseer.com/pdfs/Aeon%20...witch26103.pdf.

Cheers
          Al

Comment

That did the trick! Thanks!

Comment

Great, glad I could help.

Cheers
              Al