Almond 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA interface

It is possible to set up events which they call rules. Can HS be used to interact with these rules?? That is the question.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes maybe in the future and nada right now.
      Attached Files
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Using the Almond+ as a Zigbee and Z-Wave Interface?

Has anyone on this forum who owns an Almond+ tried to interface it to Homeseer?

Last year Securifi talked about an API, but I don't think that has happened yet.

Hoping to eventually use the Almond+ to control Zigbee products through HS.

Not sure if there is any incentive for HST to help with this....

Rob

Comment

An API exists from 2014. That said it has not been updated.

Someone has tested using node-red and its working for them.

Personally I do not know anything about node-red.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; May 28, 2015, 08:10 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Websockets?

Alright, so it's been just over a year since the last post here, and to my knowledge nobody has worked on a plugin for Almond yet. A few months ago Securifi documented a new websocket API, which seems way more accessible. That got me interested in doing something with this again.

API documentation here: https://wiki.securifi.com/index.php/..._Documentation

I have a need to accomplish a Almond+ -> Homeseer link, specifically to use the few zigbee door/window sensors currently connected to my A+ and it's presence detection, to update virtual devices in Homeseer. I've used several other methods for HS3 location awareness, but all of them have required my android device to run additional software, or to connect to bluetooth, both draining more battery than the "device connected to network" solution implemented in Almond+. I've managed to get one-way communication using Tasker/Autonotification to read Almond+ app notifications (like "Main door open" or "My Android connected") and send commands to homeseer to control/update virtual devices. This works reliably, but again requires more battery on my primary device, or that I leave a standalone android device running at all times to catch these notifications. Seems wasteful and overly complicated to me.

Anyway, as stated, I'm hoping to get the data from the A+ into Homeseer by some means. If possible, I'd eventually like to communicate the other way around too so that zigbee control devices connected to A+ could be accessible from Homeseer. I'm sure that a better programmer than myself (I'm a hobbyist, far from a professional) could hack something together using the websockets API from Securifi, and the JSON control API from Homeseer, but I also realize my need is somewhat unique. Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to collaborate on such a thing, maybe make a plugin to sell on the HS store? Failing that, does anyone with better/more experience with websockets know of any example code that could be used to get me started on this? Or advice on language/framework/library options to simplify my work? My plan would be to run the code on either my dedicated Homeseer system (running windows) or on my Qnap NAS, both of which run 24/7.

Any and all advice would be appreciated!

PS: I've added a nearly identical post over at the Securifi forums, and will update here if there is any interest - though I suppose anyone reading here is likely to be reading there as well..

Comment

I have mostly not visited the Securifi forum in a while. I did volunteer to do Amazon Echo testing. I have left one Almond + on line for the time bean.

I did venture over to an endeavor in Italy for a bit.

Just recently did connect a Leviton Zigbee ZIM module to my OmniPro 2 panel. I can only do a thermostat and light / appliance switches with it at this time.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
              X