No announcement yet.

embed ip camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, IP Cam Viewer streams live video from any of your IP based or CCTV cams. The dev is always adding more cameras to his list - pretty impressive list too. So I have a Dahua 8 channel DVR with 4 CCTV cams as well as 3 IP based cams, 2 Trendnet and 1 Foscom. All of which I've configured to view in IP Cam Viewer, all streaming with PTZ support as well.

As far as the command line simply typing "IP Cam Viewer" - (the apps name) worked. Took me forever to figure that out as I couldn't believe it would be that simple. I actually found a post here with the solution.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...02#post1026302

Comment

Hmm, apparenty others devs in the Google play store are using the same name for thier camera app. So if you're interested in the app I've pasted the link below. The devs name is Robert Chou. I use the Pro version now but he has a lite version that's free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ewerPaid&hl=en

Comment

Thank you Mark.

Then IP Cam viewer is an application for a backend server running IP cam viewer? How do you get different cameras?

I googled it and see it is sold by "Video Insight" eh?

I have been testing with VLC here with Zoneminder. That said I have recently taken the analog cameras on line to amplifying them for a second video streamer which is working; doing a 1 to 4 CCTV split/amp. Just configured my secondary video streaming hub for a select set of legacy Omnitouch touchs. Its working fine. (also have a mix of analog and Ip cameras here). My preference is a full 30 fps stream from the HSTouch clients rather than the quickie jpg snapshots.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete try the link I've pasted. I think Video Insight may be a different product.

IP Cam Viewer Pro doesn't require any backend servers running IP Cam Viewer Pro. It's basically installed & ran on your android devices alone and then uses your existing configurations and IP addresses of your camera's. Think of it as a remote monitor for your entire camera arsenal.

So for example to setup my Dahua DVR, from IP Cam Viewer I'd scroll through the list of supported cams choose Dahua, and then populate the fields with my ports, settings, etc. It also supports my pan & tilt cams and thier presets as well, contrast, brightness, etc. So there's no extra hardware or configuration changes needed to your existing survellience system. And at $3.99 for the software, you can't go wrong.

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark. I will test it out with ZM.

Yup I proxy all of the IP and analog cameras (8 plus 6) via Zoneminder such that I just utilize one IP for all 14 cameras. I've added two 720 HD cameras to the mix but base composite is the same pixel resolution then added higher res streaming such that ZM uses two RTP streams for the HD cameras. (one high and one low).

The newest HD cameras also let you modify focal length and zoom via the web interface which works out well.

Funny last night; early this morning (3 AM); something tripped all of my driveway sensors; woke me up but not my wife. I utilize chimes now after hours instead of TTS. It didn't look like a cat or a dog. It was walking across the driveway; lights all went on and and it seemed to be stunned a bit; looked up at the coach lights for a few seconds then kept walking. I have captured coyotes but this was not a coyote.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Chuppacabra maybe? Lol

I am using an app called Tinycam Pro and it works really well too. I am trying to get ha touch to call an external app in Android and it won't call it.
              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I'm asuming in the HS Designer your're using the "Misc: Launch Application" Action type. If so you'll need the exact name the app uses to launch it and don't add the extension i.e. .apk.

Try this in the Application Path field box:

tinyCam Monitor Pro

If that doesn't work, here's a suggestion. temporaraly install IP Cam Viewer on your Android device then try and launch it with your button using this name exactly:

IP Cam Viewer

That's exactly how I have mine set. Sounds crazy and way too simple but it works! Once you know this is working, you can then start playing around with tinyCam Pro. Also, try contacting the Dev, maybe he can save you some time and give you the info.

Mark

Comment

Please see this:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...60&postcount=1

Don
                  Last edited by TheUberOverLord; January 23, 2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X