Hitachi Introduces High-Performance Wireless Whole-Home Audio Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi Introduces High-Performance Wireless Whole-Home Audio Speakers

Just plucked this off of another forum......

http://www.hitachi.us/about/press/05142015-DMD.html
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Looks like another Sonos like system but more affordable. I love my Sonos system but they are on the expensive side but they are so easy to setup and use.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Another wireless audio alternative is the Rocki

MyRocki

ROCKI turns your stereo, car, boombox, clock radio or home theater into
      a wireless music system – no need to replace perfectly good speakers!
      Best of all, you can now stream Spotify using Spotify Connect directly to your ROCKI.

Just a clip and paste here from the Rocki web site.

CAN I REMOTE CONTROL MY SPEAKERS?

Definitely! ROCKI is your single remote control that allows you to control what you're listening to on any connected speaker. You can even control the volume separately in each connected room!

CAN I USE MORE THAN ONE ROCKI IN THE HOUSE?

Yes! Put one ROCKI in the living room connected to your HiFi set. The other in the kitchen, bedroom or bathroom connected to a speaker dock. With the ROCKI app you choose where you want the music to play!

SO, WHAT IS ROCKI?

ROCKI turns your own HiFI and speaker systems into a wireless music system.

DOES ROCKI PLAY ONLINE MUSIC SERVICES?

Yes! ROCKI has Soundcloud and LastFM already integrated. More services are being developed and we are contacting those that require licensing agreements for partnership. Our intention is to make available as many of your favorite services as possible in the ROCKI Free Your Music ecosystem.

S ROCKI COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER MUSIC APPS?

Yes! ROCKI uses UPNP and DLNA open standards to stream music and many other apps are compatible with this. In the Google Play store you can find Bubble UPNP which works great with ROCKI and adds a few features such as NAS playback and Google Music.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

this rock thing is an imitation of the apple airport express!

Comment

Yup; thinking it is more like a mini Sonos device.

The AirPort Express (wireless access point) was the first AirTunes (now called AirPlay) device to receive streamed audio from a computer running Apple iTunes on the local network. The airport express was introduced in 2004.

Squeezebox server came out around 2001 (streaming audio any way you wanted it). I am currently using one of these today running with my MythTV box.

Roku Soundbridge came out in 2002. (still have one of these around today - off mode though)

Here not really in to wireless audio or speakers. That is me though.

For audio here utilize a Russound zoned audio system with wired speakers.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; December 21, 2015, 11:49 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Sonos still the way to go?

The Hitachi and ROCKI systems look awesome and I really like the Polk Audio S2's that I recently tried out but is Sonos still the only way to do multi-room wireless audio? It's the only one I see a plug-in for so far.

Comment

Working...
            X