No announcement yet.

Getting data from Homeseer to HAI Omni Touchscreens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup; here thinking along the lines of adding a KNX module to the OPII.

I am thinking then the KNX OmniPro module with it's web interface lets you talk to the modbus devices. That said then you can define a KNX device as a thermostat or a temperature sensor.

You would leave your thermostats in place (and not need the OmniStats) and you could maybe manage them via the OmniPro 2 panel/KNX. Just a guess here.

Connecting Modbus to KNX

You have two devices in two different buildings on two completely different networks, one that uses the Modbus RTU protocol to communicate, while the other one talks KNX protocol and they need to talk to each other. What do you do?

A FieldServer is a protocol converter or gateway that can communicate in many different protocols and physical layers including Modbus RTU protocol and the KNX protocol. The Fieldserver acts as a middle man between the two devices. It reads data from one device, stores it internally and makes it available to the 2nd device using another protocol. This is how the FieldServer converts Modbus RTU data to KNX data.

Just a guess here but thinking that the KNX OmniPro device has connectivity for Modbus.

IE: OPII ==> KNX ==> modbus stuff

Once defined in the OPII then it is just another device to control.

Modbus has been utilized commercially for many many years now. While it is toted as new technology for the home; it is. Commercially it has advanced now to beyond modbus and to bacnet or whatever these days.

The analogy here is sort of relating to airplane controls / automobile controls still utilize bus standards developed in the 1940's.

It is changing these days. I was a bit involved in the airline stuff and typically there was a want of an upgrade to the old bus standards but also there was that whole thing about breaking something that has been know to work fine for many years. (the whole front of the cockpit versus rear of the cockpit stuff or issues...well and keeping it separate).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pete; February 6, 2016, 08:34 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
      I actually tapped the modbus communication and thats how I am reading the temps. I also found out how to set the temps remotely. It all needs a lot more work to be usable but the concepts seem to be working

so HS can now control and read the stats, so I don't really need the OmniStats anymore. Maybe its easiest if I have HS just create a little webpage and show that on the OmniTouch
      Madas, I am in the same boat with the waterfurnace and would love to know how you tapped the modbus. Thanks in advance for leading the way on this.

Comment

Hi,

I'm glad there is more than one of us. So I was able to sniff the modbus buy purchasing a USB to RS485 adapter from ebay (I can send you the exact model if you want) and then I just plug into the port on the unit.

Did you get yours installed already? make sure you get the symphony unit. I've found it much easier to just pass commands to/from the symphony unit instead from a script and allow that to do the modbus work.

M

Comment

Hi Madas,

This is the only thread I can find with any mention of WaterFurnace and the Symphony system. I've just completed a home renovation on a vacation home and am monitoring the WaterFurnace system through symphony but also have HS to monitor locks and lighting. I'm interested to know more about how you are integrating the two. I'm a total newby with HS and learning as I go along. Any help is appreciated

Comment

Start off my playing around with the AWL web interface (not the symphony website). This is accessible by going to the AWL ip address on your LAN.

Then you can query the AWL directly using a VB script with calls like

http://AWL-IP/request.cgi?cmd=getreg...&regs=0,2;3000

This request would return a number between 1-12 to indicate the compressor speed of a S7 unit.

Get familiar with the interface and mess around with access then come back with some more questions.

M

Comment

Thanks M I will give it a try!

Comment

I was wondering if you still were using AWL cgi requests. I got a Series 5 with the AWL and all I get by browsing is a simple home page showing the model and versions. There is no AWL web interface on the new versions that I can find. I tried your URL but just got redirected to the homepage.

If not, I'll have to try tapping into the modbus to see what kind of information I can pull.

Any help would be appreciated. This is basically the only thread out there on the WaterFurnace/Aurora/Symphony systems.

Aurora Web Link Status

AWL Version AWLSTD 1.02
                Bootloader Version AWLBLD 1.00
                Web Pages Version 1.08
                ABC Version ABCSTD 3.01
                ABC Model Number NDV026H111CTL0DA

Comment

I found a python scrape library to scrape the data from the symphony website.

https://github.com/sdague/waterfurnace

Code:
                  import json
                  [COLOR=#000080][B]from [/B][/COLOR]waterfurnace.waterfurnace [COLOR=#000080][B]import [/B][/COLOR]WaterFurnace
                  unit = [COLOR=#008080][B]'001EC0.....'
                  [/B][/COLOR]username = [COLOR=#008080][B]'loginemail'
                  [/B][/COLOR]password = [COLOR=#008080][B]'password'
                  [/B][/COLOR]w = WaterFurnace(username, password, unit)
                  w.login()
                  data = w.read()
                  output = [COLOR=#000080]dict[/COLOR](
                      [COLOR=#660099]totalpower[/COLOR]=data.totalunitpower,
                      [COLOR=#660099]fanpower[/COLOR]=data.fanpower,
                      [COLOR=#660099]looppower[/COLOR]=data.looppumppower,
                      [COLOR=#660099]compressor_power[/COLOR]=data.compressorpower,
                      [COLOR=#660099]auxpower[/COLOR]=data.auxpower,
                      [COLOR=#660099]fanspeed[/COLOR]=data.airflowcurrentspeed,
                      [COLOR=#660099]roomtemp[/COLOR]=data.tstatroomtemp,
                      [COLOR=#660099]humidity[/COLOR]=data.tstatrelativehumidity,
                      [COLOR=#660099]humiditysetpoint[/COLOR]=data.tstathumidsetpoint,
                      [COLOR=#660099]supplyairtemp[/COLOR]=data.leavingairtemp,
                      [COLOR=#660099]waterlooptemp[/COLOR]=data.enteringwatertemp,
                      [COLOR=#660099]mode[/COLOR]=data.modeofoperation,
                      [COLOR=#660099]status[/COLOR]=data.mode,
                  )
                  print(data)
                  [COLOR=#000080]print[/COLOR](json.dumps(output, [COLOR=#660099]indent[/COLOR]=[COLOR=#0000ff]2[/COLOR]))
                  outputs:

Code:
                  [COLOR=#000080][B]<furnacereading power="0," mode="Standby," looptemp="63.0," airtemp="57.4," roomtemp="70.2," setpoint="70">
                  {
                    "totalpower": 0,
                    "fanpower": 0,
                    "looppower": 0,
                    "compressor_power": 0,
                    "auxpower": 0,
                    "fanspeed": 0,
                    "roomtemp": 70.2,
                    "humidity": 51,
                    "humiditysetpoint": 35,
                    "supplyairtemp": 57.4,
                    "waterlooptemp": 63,
                    "mode": 0,
                    "status": "Standby"
                  }
                  </furnacereading>[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Guys, I am reading this old thread and I am also trying to integrate the systems I have. Currently I have Omni Pro II, Waterfurnace 7 series with intellizone2, symphony, Homeseer, vera, and Sense Energy.. Everything is so scattered that you go to 5 different apps to see something. Is there a way to integrate Omni Pro II with waterfurnace? Looks like from above there is a way and some of you have done it. Can you please help in this?

Comment

In short, I wrote an exporter for Prometheus (also works with telegraf) that reads the Waterfurnace symphony website and presents the data as metrics.

https://gist.github.com/ytjohn/8f65f...eff13357ab76c1

I run waterfurnace.py and it listens on http://localhost:8192 - you can open that in a web browser and see all the stats. Then I setup telegraf to read that page and dump the data into influxdb. Once in there, grafana can render it into a graph.

If you're not ready to use telgraf/influxdb/grafana, the code should be a good starting point for sending the data somewhere.

Comment

Thanks a lot.. I am still trying to figure out on how to integrate with HomeSeer. Can someone please guide?

Comment

I'm not a HomeSeer user, but I have a WF7 series + IZ2 (and an AWL and an AID Tool). Hopefully within the next week or two I'll be deciphering as many registers as I can. I already have some work from geo_jon over at the geoexchange forums, which should be a good base. I plan on writing a bridge to MQTT so that it's easily integratable into OpenHAB and other systems, including HomeSeer.

Comment

A bit slower, but wanted to post this. https://github.com/ccutrer/waterfurnace_aurora is where I'm putting my code. I've successfully connected to my WF, and have deciphered a significant number of registers. It's not quite ready for public consumption (most of the "documentation" is still just code), and I need to build the bridge piece, but I've got a few more things I want to look for. I'm definitely able to read and write current set points, modes, etc. for all of my zones, as well as a barrage of other interesting data that the AID Tool can spit out. I'm going on vacation next week so wanted to check in before it had been too long. I'll keep that repository up to date as I decipher more.

Note: if anyone actually tries to run that code, you'll also need my fork of the rmodbus gem at https://github.com/ccutrer/rmodbus, as it adds significant stability and robustness fixes, as well as refactored a bit to easily add the additional proprietary modbus function codes that waterfurnace uses.

Comment

Hi, any update on your project? I am still not able to integrate with HS yet..

Comment

He hasn't signed on since January, so my guess is no.

Comment

Working...
                                X