This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    When I've had issues with syntax, it stops the tile appearing.

Where I have had empty tiles before is when the URL is incorrect in require.config.js. Are you running HS on a non-standard port and forgot to put this into the URL parameter?
    THIS! You, sir JimBob, are a gentleman and a scholar. Yes, I'm running on a non-standard port (:81), and yes, updating that in the URL (which I did forget) made it light up!

Thanks!!

hjk
    ---

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post
      THIS! You, sir JimBob, are a gentleman and a scholar. Yes, I'm running on a non-standard port (:81), and yes, updating that in the URL (which I did forget) made it light up!

Thanks!!

hjk
      ---
      Awesome! Glad you were able to get it working! Make sure your proxy report is correct or you will not receive updates from the proxy and your tiles will be static unless you manually refresh the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post

Thanks!!

hjk
        ---
        Good stuff. That caught me out initially too!

Good to see it working - it's a great interface

Comment

hsdevice not updated when updates in quick succession

I created an event which causes two devices to have their states changed at the same time. I have one of these devices on the HSMetro screen and was not seeing the update come through.

I could not see the update appear in the developers console (I have debug in one of my custom tiles that logs the deviceids of updates)

I runup the proxy from the command line to see what was going on and when the 2 device updates come through, the format appears different, so not sure if the proxy or HSMetro interface is at fault.

In screenshot attached, the two device ids that updated at the same time were 1058 and 1005. The 1058 update did not make it through to the HSMetro interface.

Just to prove it, I put a one second delay between my two device changes, and then both were received ok by the HSMetro interface and the "pattern" of updates as observed in the proxy command line window looked more regular.
          (V2.8.3-5)

Cheers,
          John
          Attached Files

Comment

I created an event which causes two devices to have their states changed at the same time. I have one of these devices on the HSMetro screen and was not seeing the update come through.

I could not see the update appear in the developers console (I have debug in one of my custom tiles that logs the deviceids of updates)

I runup the proxy from the command line to see what was going on and when the 2 device updates come through, the format appears different, so not sure if the proxy or HSMetro interface is at fault.

In screenshot attached, the two device ids that updated at the same time were 1058 and 1005. The 1058 update did not make it through to the HSMetro interface.

Just to prove it, I put a one second delay between my two device changes, and then both were received ok by the HSMetro interface and the "pattern" of updates as observed in the proxy command line window looked more regular.
            (V2.8.3-5)

Cheers,
            John
            Based on the screenshot you've provided, the proxy is expecting a single event per broadcast so on the lines where there is are two events sent simultaneously, the proxy does not know what to do with it. I really didn't even know it's possible that HS send a double event like that.

Before I start digging in to the code to see about allowing for these types of broadcasts, this seems to be a very unique case. Is the one second delay something you would deem acceptable or do you feel this is something that needs to be resolved with a code change?

The proxy is always just relaying what HS is broadcasting. It's the receiving code in HSMetro that doesn't know what to do with a double event broadcast.

Comment

Yep, I must say that while I was running the proxy server for a good while from the command line during initial testing, I never spotted this before.

It's a new event I just created that sets two devices at the same time, so I wonder if the window at the HS side is quite small to ever see this. I can certainly live with the 1 second delay as a workaround. The only potential issue would be if there are 2 other coincidental device changes at the same time. Probably pretty unlikely to be close enough together for HS to send out like this. In fact, maybe it's only such device changes in the same event that could cause this scenario anyway.

Short answer - fine as it is for now as I have a workaround. Just bringing it to your attention really.

I will keep an eye on it and see if I encounter any occurrences where the HSMetro interface is out-of-date. If I do see this, maybe we need a change.

Thanks

Comment

Yep, I must say that while I was running the proxy server for a good while from the command line during initial testing, I never spotted this before.

It's a new event I just created that sets two devices at the same time, so I wonder if the window at the HS side is quite small to ever see this. I can certainly live with the 1 second delay as a workaround. The only potential issue would be if there are 2 other coincidental device changes at the same time. Probably pretty unlikely to be close enough together for HS to send out like this. In fact, maybe it's only such device changes in the same event that could cause this scenario anyway.

Short answer - fine as it is for now as I have a workaround. Just bringing it to your attention really.

I will keep an eye on it and see if I encounter any occurrences where the HSMetro interface is out-of-date. If I do see this, maybe we need a change.

Thanks
                Thanks! Definitely let me know if you see anything else that would be considered odd.

Comment

How to check communication proxy server

HSMetro looks to me as a very promising interface.

So I started with the installation a couple a days ago.
                  I did a lot of setting up and configuring but I am unable to get it working.

My software is all running on the same machine and I load the index.html from the same machine.
                  My homeseer version is 199 and I use HSMetro 2.8.3-7.zip.

With telnet I see data coming from HS port 11000 and I am able to load different pages but there is no exchange of data between HS and HSMetro.

Is there a way to monitor the data that is getting in and out of the proxy server or is there someone who can point me in the right direction?
                  I have visualized my configuration in the attachement.

Thanks in advance!

Peter
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Broes View Post
                    HSMetro looks to me as a very promising interface.

So I started with the installation a couple a days ago.
                    I did a lot of setting up and configuring but I am unable to get it working.

My software is all running on the same machine and I load the index.html from the same machine.
                    My homeseer version is 199 and I use HSMetro 2.8.3-7.zip.

With telnet I see data coming from HS port 11000 and I am able to load different pages but there is no exchange of data between HS and HSMetro.

Is there a way to monitor the data that is getting in and out of the proxy server or is there someone who can point me in the right direction?
                    I have visualized my configuration in the attachement.

Thanks in advance!

Peter
                    First off...Wow! Thanks for posting such a detailed illustration of your system. I noticed that your url to HSMetro has port 86. Is that also the same port that you access the HS3 UI? If so, I think that's the issue. You need to add that port to your URL in require.config.js.

Can you confirm that you see tiles on your screen that have some sort of status that would have been queried from HS3. Since you're not receiving updates from the proxy, the status would be static and not update, but you should at least see tiles if everything is configured correctly. Otherwise, that port 86 is the issue.

Comment

Thanks for your very fast response!
                      I wish I had asked sooner, that did the trick, it is working now
                      On the other hand I have learned a bit about proxy servers with fiddling around.
                      Now I can start with adding my devices.
                      I will post some pictures after I've put some pages together.
                      Thanks for your great effort in this interface.

Peter
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome! Glad you're up and running! Enjoy the UI!

Comment

How to show a webimage?

I transferred this question from the "feature request" thread to this thread.

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                          The staticimage widget can do that. You just need to give it the URL. But the weather widget does pull in the associated forecast image.
                          Thanks, I assumed that <staticimage> could only be used for images in the html folder.
                          I did feed <staticimage> with the url but apparently I am doing something wrong because I am getting a blue rectangle.
                          The parameter refresh isn't needed I suppose?

Not really a forecast picture but this is an example for an image on my weatherpage.

Code:
                          <staticimage id="Picture" params="imageName: 'http://cdn.knmi.nl/knmi/map/page/weer/actueel-weer/neerslagradar/WWWRADAR_loop.gif', refresh: 10000"></staticimage>
                          http://cdn.knmi.nl/knmi/map/page/wee...RADAR_loop.gif

Comment

Parameter &quot;half-wide&quot;

I am trying to get a half tile but nothing is changing.
                            What am I doing wrong or am I forgetting something?

PHP Code:
                                        <hsevent id="WK_Lampen_Aan" params="group: 'Lights', event: 'WK_Lampen_Aan',  timeout: 5000, color: 'bg-green',
                                                                                icon:  '/images/HomeSeer/status/on.gif', width: 'half-wide'"
                            ></hsevent

Comment

I am trying to get a half tile but nothing is changing.
                              What am I doing wrong or am I forgetting something?

PHP Code:
                                          <hsevent id="WK_Lampen_Aan" params="group: 'Lights', event: 'WK_Lampen_Aan',  timeout: 5000, color: 'bg-green',
                                                                                  icon:  '/images/HomeSeer/status/on.gif', width: 'half-wide'"
                              ></hsevent
                              You are not doing anything wrong at all. I actually removed support for the half-tiles when I changed over to the new metro library. The new library added flexibility in terms of grouping tiles and the ability to add tabs, so screen real estate wasn't an issue anymore, which is the main reason I introduced the half-tile in the earlier releases.

Comment

I transferred this question from the "feature request" thread to this thread.

Thanks, I assumed that <staticimage> could only be used for images in the html folder.
                                I did feed <staticimage> with the url but apparently I am doing something wrong because I am getting a blue rectangle.
                                The parameter refresh isn't needed I suppose?

Not really a forecast picture but this is an example for an image on my weatherpage.

Code:
                                <staticimage id="Picture" params="imageName: 'http://cdn.knmi.nl/knmi/map/page/weer/actueel-weer/neerslagradar/WWWRADAR_loop.gif', refresh: 10000"></staticimage>
                                http://cdn.knmi.nl/knmi/map/page/wee...RADAR_loop.gif
                                I see why it's not working for you. Originally this was meant to display an image stored in an HS folder (as you had correctly stated)--something that the weather plugin or camera plugin would have created. It's actually prefixing what you're sending to the widget with your HS3 URL which is why it's not displaying. I'll have to add some logic to fix this so it works for you.
                                Last edited by wposner; September 29, 2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X