Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOW SHIPPING - Really Cool New Water Valve Controller!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds interesting. Unfortunately, my current value isn't a ball valve. It has the rotating faucet valve. Been eyeing the integrated valves, but then that means I need the plumber to come and install it and I have to leave it behind if I move. Now I am thinking of asking the plumber to add a ball valve, then I can use this.

Comment

...been eyeing the integrated valves, but then that means I need the plumber to come and install it and I have to leave it behind if I move...
      I've been thinking about this dilemma too and have started testing out sharkbites, especially the slip couplings, to avoid having a plumber...just need to be convinced of their longterm reliability. Concept really appeals though.
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

SharkBites are the best.. use them in a commercial environment. I do alot of soldering copper, but a sharkbite works in a pinch... never had a failure in 10 years

Mark... how are the brackets coming... gotta big hole waiting for the valve
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
          SharkBites are the best.. use them in a commercial environment. I do alot of soldering copper, but a sharkbite works in a pinch... never had a failure in 10 years
          I agree. Shark Bites are great. They cost a little more but install in minutes and never leak. I replaced all my standard spigots with Shark Bites and ball valves. That should put an end to drips.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post

Mark... how are the brackets coming... gotta big hole waiting for the valve [emoji14]
            We should have the brackets early next week.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is great, I was planning a fortrezz but they are beaucoup dollars.

Comment

Now in stock

the 1/2" to 3?4" units are now in stock and start shipping today!

Comment

Price Increase

The pricing has gone up on these already due to costs involved in creating a new bracket. New price is $135. We're holding at $125 though the end of July. If you're planning on getting one, get one by tomorrow and save a few bucks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, I received my first one (ordered 2 more unfortunately) and I got to say there are several problems with the actual use of this device.

1) The bracket was not designed correctly. I had to cut out a section of the plate in two spots in order for the valve handle and spindle to clear the plate. (Standard Watts 3/4" ball valve)

2) This is the most disappointing; the motor and gear box has WAY to much play. It causes the motor to not turn the valve all the way off or all the way on. If I removed the motor from the valve, the gearbox reaches both on and off center lines, but will not when under load.

FAIL!
                    Attached Files
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Was going to get one for the hot water line. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone
                      Tom
                      baby steps...starting again with HS3
                      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I plan to bring the problem up to support next week, but I would advise against purchasing these right now if you have a valve with any appreciable resistance in opening or closing..
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

We reached out to Econet regarding the valve handle position and received this response:

What he's saying is true; the ball in the valve achieves a fully closed position before the handle is perpendicular. That said, if you're not satisfied, the product is returnable, just like everything we sell.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                            We reached out to Econet regarding the valve handle position and received this response:

What he's saying is true; the ball in the valve achieves a fully closed position before the handle is perpendicular. That said, if you're not satisfied, the product is returnable, just like everything we sell.
                            That is correct, I had to pin the adjuster to the max in order to get the valve to shut the water down. With it at it's MAX adjustment it barely closed the ball enough to stop water flow (just makes it) As they have alluded to, pinning to the MAX adjustment doesn't allow the valve to open all the way (about 85%). For my purposes in this location this should work as it is only being used for emergency shut off.

This valve is on the tight side of it's working scope, but not unusually tight. (as an HVAC/R Tech I turn a lot of values) I have to sweat in 2 new valves for the other actuators so hopefully they will work better. It will be more important for these valves to work better as they will be used in a more "operational" capacity, and will require full ON and OFF functionality.

IMO it's an issue with the gearing in the drive system. The motor seems plenty powerful enough.

Also, I noticed the connection end on the first actuator transformer was hacked off and replaced with a generic connector, and was rated at 1.5amps. The 2 last actuators I received transformers were not hacked and are rated at 1 amp.

Not exactly what I would call professional, but........
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

NOW SHIPPING - Really Cool New Water Valve Controller!

Just got mine installed. 3/4" model. Used the larger set of U-bolts. First problem was that they fit in the machined holes perfectly. But mounting the valve that way the two small screws with sleeves that engage the handle were not long enough. Noticed the slotted holes position the bracket tighter on the valve. Only problem was those holes appear to be spaced for the smaller set of U-bolts. Had to "massage" the U-bolts a bit with pliers to get them squeezed in the slotted holes. Tight fit but it works great so far.

Noticed it seem a bit off on the On/Off cycle similar to what you are describing. I pulled the clutch release and cycled the valve a few times. This is s a brand new valve i just purchased and installed. Weird when i pulled it a second time with power applied the motor started running. When i released the clutch It returned the valve back ti the open position it was last commanded to. Seems to line up and open/close more even now. Shuts off the water fine.

Mine has the power connector with screw terminals and a 1.25 amp supply AC adapter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just had two of the 1/2" ones installed. Not too much of a hassle and is working well though should have taken pictures/video throughout the install.

Comment

Working...
                                X