No announcement yet.

Hikvision NVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i have put up the camera for a test.

it was a bit late in the afternoon about 5Pm so a bit dark getting winter here again.

This image is 7.10 PM and its dark outside.

You can tweak some settings but this is the standard setting.
    and for comparison the dahua 4mp image (with a little bit dirty dome)

and here one at 8:45 PM
    Last edited by Vincenttor; October 23, 2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

sorry for hijacking your topic but today i received a ptz cam 20x zoom with the same imx178 sensor.
      Bought it to test and its nice.

Color is not great at night, but it isn't very bad either if there is some light.

Comment

Do you think an i7 5820K would be better to get over the i7 6700K?

I am thinking of also running HS3 on the same machine as BI
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          Do you think an i7 5820K would be better to get over the i7 6700K?

I am thinking of also running HS3 on the same machine as BI
          Both have more then enough power, but Blue iris has "intel hardware acceleration" and I know that works great but works only on some of the newer Intel chips. You might want to make sure there is no issues using the older Haswell (or that it works as good). Performance wise both will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
            Both have more then enough power, but Blue iris has "intel hardware acceleration" and I know that works great but works only only some of the newer intel chips. You might want to make sure there is no issues using the older Haswell (or that it works as good). Performance wise both will be good.

I am leaning towards the 6700k - I think it is more than enough to power 8 cameras on BI, HS3 and even Allonis (which is the new MainLobby Server)
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

It is more then enough.
              When you set the hardware acceleration on + vpp the load will drop.
              It is also not really how much cameras that is the thing that counts.
              More how many megapixels in total you are going to use and frame rate.
              But when using ha + 15 fps and direct to disc recording with 16 megapixels it will ask 5 - 10 % cpu.
              Atleast it does on my system.

Comment

You can see my CPU% and the amount of pixels and frames on this computer and its an older haswell i7 4790 on a mini itx board with 16Gb ram in a mini external PSU case. I also run HomeSeer PLEX and a few other minor things on this server. At this time PLEX is not transcoding and Blueiris is not recording any motion so the load in idle for the most part and does go up to 50% when it gets busy.

Cameras are all POE Hikvision 3MP and one new Hikvision 4MP with all quality set to highest and highest bitrate and FPS. Direct to Disc is on and i use a Smasung SSD for main storage then backup to a spinning disc for extended storage.

The build pics are here on this particular mini comp for the vacation house. This was done around 1.5-2 years ago.
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9sjt3x5ba...YGqWn7xha?dl=0

Just recently at the main house I installed a media Rack and built a newer i7 6700 setup in a rack mount case to run the same or slimier setup (HS3, BI, PLEX, Ha-Bridge) at this house also.
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ddwit63yf...9ZLj1cLua?dl=0
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics
                  I think the 6700k will be perfect. I have the same morex 557 case. Nice and small
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Thanks for the pics
                    I think the 6700k will be perfect. I have the same morex 557 case. Nice and small
                    Be careful of heat issues if you got with a k or even the 6700 in that case if your putting it in a 557 case. I struggled at first with heat and ended up have 4 case fans and a cpu fan with a bit more noise then i would like to get it under control.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                      Be careful of heat issues if you got with a k or even the 6700 in that case if your putting it in a 557 case. I struggled at first with heat and ended up have 4 case fans and a cpu fan with a bit more noise then i would like to get it under control.
                      Yes I already have 4 noctua fans installed in the case. It will be in my mechanical room so not an issue with noise. I also got a noctua cpu cooler too that is supposed to be pretty good
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

I seem to be having an issue with my camera at night.
                        During the day it is perfectly clear but at night it looks like the attached image
                        Attached Files
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

I seem to be having an issue with my camera at night.
                          During the day it is perfectly clear but at night it looks like the attached image
                          That is usually dirt or smudges on the glass in front of the lens. The IR LEDs shine on it at night and swamp the imager. I have to disassemble and clean mine once or twice a year.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Looks like pock marks on the lens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              That is usually dirt or smudges on the glass in front of the lens. The IR LEDs shine on it at night and swamp the imager. I have to disassemble and clean mine once or twice a year.
                              I agree. My driveway cam looks like this if there is dust, mist, or the like on the glass in front of the camera, causing the IR to reflect back into the lens. Since it only happens at night, I'd look for an IR related issue.....
                              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                              Home Assistant 2024.3
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Here it is during the day - looks fine
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Blade; May 7, 2017, 03:10 PM.
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X