No announcement yet.

McsxAP plugin for HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm up and running with the new version. Looks good so far.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Michael, I am not seeing any day2 xapmcs1wire.text data file. Where are the files being saved? How are they named? Xapmcs1wire.text continues to grow. It is now 107MB.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

After 3 days, I turned off debug; the xapmcs1wire.txt was 380MB. This morning I found that debug had turned itself on again and the debug file was 450MB.

Also, I am getting 1wire error messages from HS3 xapmcs1wire on my HS2 computer!
        But there are no error in the HS3 log! See attached.

Very confusing!

Steve Q

Attached Files

Comment

I did not try to understand about the continued debug. Are the setting changed to show debug enabled or debug not enabled, yet debug data produced. There is also normal messages that go the file so it may just be that a file created when one like the monitor message needed to be produced.

xapmcs1Wire has an internal monitor that if the device with the longest polling interval has not been polled within twice its polling interval it will shutdown and restart. The companion file is RESTART.exe. You messages indicate that the monitor tripped and was trying to restart but this file was not present. I attached a copy that goes in the same folder as xapmcs1Wire.

The handling of the daily debug file is the code below. Reviewing it I can see that only one file is produced and then it is recreated each day. This prevents an accumulation of too much data, but only provides one day of debug. If you are getting too much in just one day then saving more than a day of data will be worse. I can change it to give 7 unique filenames so one week of data will be saved. I thought that was what was done, but I did not review it when I reenabled it.

Code:
              Public Sub InitMessageFile()
                  Dim sPath As String
                  If tsoTrace Is Nothing Or gPriorDayOfWeek <> Now.ToString("ddd") Then
                      gPriorDayOfWeek = Now.ToString("ddd")
                      sPath = gHomeseerPath & slash & "Data"
                      CreateFolders(sPath)
                      sPath = sPath & slash & PLUGIN_NAME & ".txt"
                      If System.IO.File.Exists(sPath) Then
                          System.IO.File.Delete(sPath)
                      End If
                      tsoTrace = New tsoNet(sPath)
                  End If
              End Sub
          Attached Files

Comment

Michael, The debug file (xapmcs1wire.txt) produced by xapmcs1wire that I installed several days ago (version 3.0.6.0) has data from multiple days. It is not just one day. I cannot find any other files.

I enabled the checkbox to start debug. After 3 days, I disabled debug check box. I checked an hour later; the box remained unchecked and the size of the debug had not changed. The next day, the debug was growing again. I don't recall if I looked to see if the box was checked. When I looked at the debug file, it was filled with "xapmcs1Wire MonitorTimer Line 10 File not found" errors. Perhaps this is why the file size was growing.

Thanks for providing the restart file. I have added it the folder where xapmcs1Wire.exe is located.

I think the debug files produced should be consecutively numbered for each day; perhaps 1 to 31.

Steve Q
            Last edited by Steve Q; October 22, 2014, 10:44 PM.

Comment

This morning I see that "Restart" ran. When restarted, xapmcs1wire.exe wiped out the debug file and created a new one. Therefore there is no debug data available that indicates why restart ran! There is nothing in the HS3 log regarding xapmcs1wire or restart.exe.

Also I am seeing incorrect status of my xAP 1 wire devices on the HS3 device management page. It appears that the HS3 mcsxap plugin is not properly communicating when xapmcs1wire stops and/or restarts. Restarting the HS3 mcsxap plugin fixed the problem.

Steve Q

Comment

I change the output file so one will be created each day of the month and the same one will be used for all debug in any given specific date.

For the mcsXap relationship a look at the xapMessage Viewer should be done to help understand. When xapmcs1wire restarts it will establish a new socket with the hub. It may be the case that the hub retains the old socket information and trys to communicate with it. I think I should timeout when the heartbeat persistence period elapses, but this will be a function of the specific hub being used. I don't understand why restarting mcsXap would affect anything directly, but again take advantage of the Viewer to help understand.

xapmcs1wire was restarted because a polling interval was not honored. The monitor will trip when some device is not polled within twice the slowest polling interval. Likely the situation where your slowest interval is too fast to support the available bandwidth.
                Attached Files

Comment

I installed 3.0.6.1 and turned on debug. Thanks. I will see what happens tomorrow.

Steve Q

Comment

Michael, I am still not seeing any individual daily debug files. Just one file that continues to get bigger each day. Am I missing something?

Steve Q

Comment

I thought I copied the files from my desktop onto memory stick, but looks like I did not. I will return on Wednesday and take a look.

Comment

I do not see the same behavior you described, but I did notice that when a file is open a second time it overwrites rather than appending. Since I need to also read the file I cannot open is as an Append file so I just created new ones with unique names for each subsequent open in the same day.

I also added some additional information about the input and output queues to the file when a restart occurs. I could not check the new info because I cannot easily create the failure mode, but I put error traps around it so it should not harm anything if not correct. This update is attached.
                        Last edited by Michael McSharry; November 5, 2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks, ver 3062 is installed and running. I'll let you know in a day or two.

Steve Q

Comment

Michael, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I still do not get any separate files by day from xapmcs1wire 3.0.6.2. I started it on the 30th and it has run without stopping. There is only 1 debug file (xapmcs1wire.txt) in the data sub folder. It is now 281,887KB and contains data from the Oct30 2:00PM until now.

Is there something about the folder where xapmcs1wire.exe is located?

Also, I am using xapmcsdatabase.exe. Is there possibly some interaction between the 2 programs that is causing a problem?

Steve Q

Comment

Nothing you are doing wrong. I was testing out of the debugger, but the file I provided following the build was not the correct one. I moved this one to my production system and the debug file was created as expected.
                              Attached Files

Comment

OK, yesterday I installed version 3.0.6.4. Its been more than 24 hours....still not seeing anything other than the normal debug file!! When does day 1 get saved?

Steve Q

Comment

Working...
                                X