Environment Canada Weather/Weather Warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Wadenut; February 20, 2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

http://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/qc-133_f.xml

And/et

http://weather.gc.ca/rss/warning/qc-133_f.xml

And/et

http://meteo.gc.ca/warnings/report_f.html?qc47

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

v2.05.01
                        I had hoped to be able to include support for HS3 and HS2 in a single script. At this point however it looks as if this will not be at all possible. In addition, Event creation is not possible under HS3 which means events would have to be manually created and maintained as well as a separate set of documentation maintained. While I do have a version working with HS3, I will not be posting it until I'm certain all remaining issues with the current version are resolved. What I don't want to do is end up juggling two versions.
                        This update should resolve any remaining issues with some voices spelling text.

Comment

When I enabled "Full Text Warning" in the Advisory device for use with a BetaBrite sign, I discovered two very minor problems.

- The first character of the text in some cases may be missing.
                          - In the event Environment Canada issues multiple statements simultaneously, the device string may have included some extra formatting text. Coincidentally, this occurred here with hurricane Arthur about to pass directly over my area tomorrow.

Both issues have been repaired. Only the script file is affected and should be replaced with v2.05.01.02.

Comment

Wade,
                            Has there been any headway on the development of a weather warning script for HS3?

Comment

There's a plugin here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169462

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by KoryDoubleYou View Post
                                Wade,
                                Has there been any headway on the development of a weather warning script for HS3?
                                I don't currently use HS3 myself. I did do some early work on a single version for use in both HS2 and HS3 interchangeably. While for the most part, it does work, there is more to be done. As mentioned, there is an HS3 plugin available, however I'm unsure whether or not it does anything with the warnings, or has bilingual functionality. Perhaps over the next few months, I'll look at a separate version for HS3.

Correction: The plugin does seem to support warnings.

Comment

Working...
                                X