Upload config file from Android client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload config file from Android client

How can I upload or copy the HSTouch config file from an Android client? It looks like I may have downloaded it to the client and not saved it in Designer. I've looked around on the client and can't find the file.

You checked your My HSTouch Projects directory on the designers computer? The client project should be in there, I don't know where it is kept on the client but unless you have manually deleted it it should still be on the PC.

Comment

On PC C:\Users\username\Documents\My HSTouch Projects\something.xml

Regards
      Morten

Comment

In this case the file is no where to be found on my development machine where Designer resides. I would like to upload the configuration file that is on one of my Android clients so I can make changes to it and deploy it to other Android touchscreens. The problem is I can't find where the file is on the Android touchscreen.

Comment

Which file is it and maybe someone else has it unless it's one you created at one time.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It's a HSTouch project xml file.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
              It's a HSTouch project xml file.
              I think he's asking you what the name of the file is. If it's one of the standard included ones then someone could send it to you.

I also suspect, but don't know for sure, that when you "deploy" a file to another device there's a platform-dependent conversion that goes on, and there's no "un-deploy" to get it back in a form to be used in the Designer. But I could be wrong.

Only thing I feel rather certain about is there's some mis-communication going on here...
              Regards,
              Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

In all the HS2 versions of the HS Touch Designer that I've used, the user is required to save the design file (on the designer machine) prior to deploying to a client. Selecting 'no' in the "save dialog" results in the design not being deployed to the client. So I'm left wondering how it got deployed to your Android device without being saved. Are you using the HS2 or HS3 version of the designer?
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thank you all for chiming in on this. It is confusing.

I think I have found the problem. I've never seen this happen before now.

I made a small change (using Designer) to my custom HSTouch project file that I've been building for several years and deployed it to one of my house touch screens. Somewhere in that process the file became corrupted.

I first noticed the problem with an error displaying on the touch screen. The error was something like "Deserialize general exception(end)....." It was a very long error description. A restart of the touch screen which restarts HSTouch would cause HSTouch to hang up and show this error. At first I didn't know for sure that it was a corrupt file, I just guessed that maybe it became corrupted in the transfer.

So, I connected directly to the touch screen and deleted all of my project files from the CF card in the touchscreen. Then I tried to deploy again and it worked except I noticed that the changes I made to the project file were not there. I then began to look for the version with the changes and couldn't find it. Weird!. So, I removed the CF card from the touch screen and recovered the deleted files and loaded up the the version that had the changes into Dreamweaver and sure enough it is very corrupted. A bunch of the xml code was missing and some of the tags were incomplete.
                  Here's an example: <FontSizeSelected>14.25</FoControl_Type>

I will probably start anew with an old version and make the changes again instead of trying to correct all the code in the corrupt xml file.

Comment

Storage place xml file

Hi
                    I wonder where the storage place on android are for the xml file.
                    Because I have overridden that file that are into my designer.
                    And want to load it from my tablet.
                    just want to now where the file location are?

Comment

Working...
                    X