Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One new Distributed Media Player Control pack for Foobar2000 !!!
    Foobar2000 is the player of choice for audiophiles, as it's the player with the best sound quality.

All options of the Distributed Media Player are supported except video, as Foobar is an audio player.

The Distributed Media Player is now compatible with:
    - VLC 0.8.6
    - Winamp 2.x
    - Winamp 5.x
    - Windows Media Player (audio only)
    - Media Player Classic (tested with version 6.4.9)
    - Foobar2000 (tested with version 0.9.4.4)

Install procedure:

- Download and unzip FOOBAR_Control.zip
    - Copy FOOBAR_Control.cs to HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media
    - Edit HomeSeer 2\Scripts\media\GetMusicPlayerType.cs to return the string "FOOBAR"
    Attached Files
    --
    stipus

Comment

I've just installed this plugin. In a word, the only suitable word, Awesome!!!

I've been looking for a way to enable some simple functions on a remote computer without opening up the entire HS web page to confuse the wife and kids. Looks like I've found just the ticket.
      Now I'm off to play.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

OK Right off the bat, I for one, need HsScript.exe to run minimized in the system tray. I've created a shortcut to the program on my laptop and placed it in the Startup folder. For some reason, which may actually be Windows fault, it refuses to run minimized, persisting to remain open on the desktop until minimized manually.
        I don't run HS as a service which means no password on the HS machine. I need to make sure no-one (ie the kids) tries to run HS scripts on the main machine. The computer room is off limits on pain of nasty things happening to them. In this situation, the best way is to keep HsScript out of sight when I deploy it to other computers in the house.
        In the case this is a Windows thing (XP SP2 in all cases), does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Did you check the Auto-Connect check Box ?

Do you use a HomeSeer user/password to connect HsScript to HomeSeer ? If one of the fields is left blank, the UI might stay open.

In any case, that's something I can fix if I can reproduce/find the reason.
          --
          stipus

Comment

I just checked here (created a shortcut to HsScript.exe in the startup folder), and it started minimized in the system tray.

This is with the auto-connect checkbox checked, and a HomeSeer user/password.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Also, the UI is left open if HsScript.exe can't connect to HomeSeer on startup.

Maybe HomeSeer is not available yet when HsScript.exe is started ?
              --
              stipus

Comment

Yeah, it was the Username/Password. I added these and it does minimize now.

I have been playing with the post-it script to test things.
                I have four computers in the house ( I know... I'm a geek! ) and have found that the post-it will only pop up on one computer if I use the * wildcard; as it happens, the last one to be explicitly addressed by name. I've tested this theory by addressing each computer in turn from the HS machine, then using the wildcard. Only one computer runs the script. Also, it would be nice to be able to address multiple machines by name delimited by commas in order to include/exclude certain machines. Perhaps this is already your intention.
                I'm using v0.8.2.2 from the updater.

Comment

Yeecsh! Never mind. My fault. If I were to mention the solution, you guys would take away my pocket protector and kick me out of the clubhouse.

Comment

I have four computers in the house ( I know... I'm a geek! ) and have found that the post-it will only pop up on one computer
                    The postit script was copied to only one of the remote computers ???

Also, it would be nice to be able to address multiple machines by name delimited by commas in order to include/exclude certain machines.
                    Good idea for next version. Currently you need to add several Exec Remote Script actions to the event, or use * to exec on all remote clients.

Did you try the distributed media player ? --> HsScript media/control.cs
                    I use it all day long from my laptop, as I have another computer plugged to my AV receiver. Very useful !
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

OK. For the benefit of anyone who might pull the same boner.
                      I'd configured everything on one computer and then, in a misguided effort to save some late night time, just copied all the files from the Homeseer 2 directory on one that computer to another. Evidently, the second computer retained the name of the first within the plugin and threw everything into chaos. Proper configuration on each computer solved the problem.

I plan to use this plugin immediately with HSTV3 to pop up reminders for upcoming TV shows. Perhaps even a mini guide as well.
                      The possibilities I imagine beyond that are mind boggling.

Comment

Evidently, the second computer retained the name of the first within the plugin and threw everything into chaos. Proper configuration on each computer solved the problem.
                        Good to know... In the next version I'll add a warning to the HomeSeer event log when I detect this.

I can easily detect it because each script client sends it's name and computer GUID when registering at the main plugin. If I get the same name with another GUID, I can write a warning to the event log.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Good to know my embarrasment was not for naught.

Comment

This time for sure, a problem.
                            I've written a one line script, called from HSTV to run the Postit_note script remotely on all computers.
                            My script was called from HSTV but produced the following error as one of the computers happened to be offline at the time:
                            9/18/2007 5:00:16 PM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: TV Remind.txt-2146233088:Can not establish a connection to the remote host "_gtcp://d809209cc2dd41d2baf8b316eb46ea28". in line 6 More info: Can not establish a connection to the remote host "_gtcp://d809209cc2dd41d2baf8b316eb46ea28".

Here is my script:
                            ' Simple script to draw attention when a TV event needs attention. GCM.
                            '
                            '
                            sub main (ProgramInfo)
                            hs.execX10 "B16","On",0
                            hs.plugin("Script Connector").ExecRemoteSub"*","remote_postit.cs",ProgramInfo
                            end

Comment

Thanks for the bug report.

Can you try the new version V0.9.2.2 attached. It should solve your problem by catching the error, and printing a warning to the HS event log.

Change log since V.8.2.2

- A warning is printed to the HomeSeer event log in case several remote computers try to register the same Script Client name.

- A warning is printed to the HomeSeer event log if a remote script client is temporarily unavailable but still registered at the plugin (network unreachable, Script Client process killed...).

- A problem with the #STA script directive has been fixed. Scripts with the #STA directive should keep running in a Single Threaded COM Apartment Model after the Script Client is restarted.

- Script Client version is now shown in the Script Client User Interface
                              Last edited by stipus; November 26, 2009, 02:13 PM.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Will do. It may be a day or so before I can test it with the original script..

Comment

Working...
                                X