This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion slash request

I like the remote_lights script and use it on several computers to control devices in the rooms where the machines reside. However C# just isn't my forte.
    1. It would be nice to have the dimming capabilities of remote_light.cs available for multiple devices in remote_lights.cs (if the device happens to be dimmable). Ideally to show when the mouse is howered over the device.
    2. It seems, I have to specify the last device in the command line twice in order to have it displayed. ie. hsscript remote_lights A1 A2 A3 A3.
    3. The window just doesn't appear wide enough to show the complete device name. Fortunately, this can be dragged wider when necessary.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Hi,

I'm currently working on the PLCBUS Connector plugin... As soon as the next version is released, I'll try to add dimming capabilities to the remote_lights.cs script.

I'll also check why you have to specify the last device twice. I think I know why... do you happen to use V0.8.2.2 or V0.9.2.2 ?
      --
      stipus

Comment

Using v0.9.2.2 as a matter of fact.

Comment

What about the script client program ? Are you 100% certain that you are using the HsScript.exe file from V0.9.2.2 ? (Hovering the mouse over the .exe should open a tooltip window with the .exe version).

Because I can remember I fixed a similar problem in the V0.9.2.2 script client.

What method are you using to start the remote_lights.cs script on the remote computer ?

From a CMD prompt ?
          From a Windows shortcut ?
          From a HS Event ?
          Other ?
          --
          stipus

Comment

0.9.2.2 is on all machines.
            remote_lights.cs is started using a desktop shortcut with the command line:
            "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HsScript.exe" remote_lights.cs A2 A3 A4 A11 B6 A10 A10
            Start in: "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2"
            Normal Window

Comment

Here is a new remote_lights.cs script that should solve the problem with the last light.

I'm working on adding a slider, but that's not easy. I found the slider in remote_light.cs doesn't work well with devices supporting direct dim such as PLCBUS devices...

[Edit] Attachement removed as a new one with dimming features has been posted bellow.
              Last edited by stipus; November 15, 2007, 05:53 PM.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Here is a new remote_light.cs (slider for one light only - not the same script as above) that checks device type before sending the dim command.

if the device supports any form of direct dimming (preset dim, or extended dim, compose dim, zwave or other direct dimming capabilities), a direct dim command is sent instead of a relative dim or bright.
                Attached Files
                --
                stipus

Comment

Here is a modified remote_lights.cs with a popup slider !

With this script, you can control on/off several lights or appliances by clicking the small light icon, and if you click the name of a device that can dim, a popup slider appears and you can select the dim level.
                  Attached Files
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Works like a charm. thanks.

Comment

I'm tryin the remotekbd.vb but I cant seem to get this working:

Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.Plugin("Script Connector").ExecRemoteSub "mediacenter3", "remotekbd.vb", "ALT+HWIN+RETURN"

Nothing happens - i can do this with just the LWIN

Anyone?

Regards

Mav

Comment

Which key do you want ?

I searched google for HWIN / LWIN, but couldn't find anything.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

It's the Windows key (I guess it is right and left?)

So I need the combination of Windows key + ALT + Enter

It's for starting up the mediacenter on a Vista. I can't see who contributed the script, so I could ask him

Comment

I didn't create this script but I had a look and found entries for LWIN and RWIN. Nothing for HWIN.

Did you try with "LWIN+ALT+RETURN" ?
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Sorry about the "HWin" - mystake.

The combination you suggest actually does what Microsoft describes as "Go in and go out of windowed mode: ALT+ENTER". That indicates that the LWIN or RWIN button are not processed.

If I do this :
                              &hs.Plugin("Script Connector").ExecRemoteSub "mediacenter3", "remotekbd.vb", "RWIN" nothing happens, even if MCE is not started.

I have checked my log, and nothing seems wrong?

Regards,

Mav

Comment

Again this script is not mine, but I had another look and found the following line for sticky keys handling:

Code:
                                        If keys_tbl(i) = "CONTROL" Or keys_tbl(i) = "SHIFT" Or keys_tbl(i) = "ALT" Or keys_tbl(i) = "NUMLOCK" Then
                                I think this line should be changed to the following, and then it would work:

Code:
                                        If keys_tbl(i) = "CONTROL" Or keys_tbl(i) = "SHIFT" Or keys_tbl(i) = "ALT" Or keys_tbl(i) = "NUMLOCK" Or keys_tbl(i) = "LWIN" Or keys_tbl(i) = "RWIN" Then
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X