Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try the released version.

The only issue (that I believe I have fixed) was the web page config. It's no big deal as people can still use the old manual method to configure. I figured that people might like the new functionality, especially the client speed increase!
    Jon

Comment

Don't you ever sleep? I just posted and you've already responded!!

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Do you normally sleep in the afternoon? (it's nearly 2pm here). That's the beauty of email notifications from this board!

We are being battered with 60 MPH gusts of wind and rain here ATM - so staying in!
        Jon

Comment

that is right, you are AHEAD in time...not AFTER...sorry, got my + and - wrong!

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            If you look at the first column (Device), how many have numbers against them?

You may have old data in the ini file as well. Perhaps you should delete all entries under [device14] upwards.
            Sorry Jon, had to work today (that will keep Dan happy )
            When I came home and I looked at the aspx page, suddenly all devices are in the right spot and all devices are numbered from 1 to 13. It seems that everyhting has been corrected now...

The only thing (very very minor) bug is the status of my iPad. The text in the stats site of Homeseer says that it is offline (which is correct as my wife took it with her) but the graphical depiction shows that it is online (green flag). When I came home I looked everywhere but did not manage to find it. After closer inspection I saw on the aspx page that the icons are in the wrong order. So had a closer look at the HSPRO / html / images directory and there the icons are in the right order...

Comment

If you are using an old version of the ini, look under:

[Iconset26]

It should look like:

Up=32iPadOnline.png
              Down=32iPadOffline.png
              Troubled=32iPadTroubled.png

Up/down may be reversed
              Jon

Comment

HOLY COW! Finally got the new verson installed!

The HTPC remote control setup I had is now almost INSTANT!! I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks again!!!

Sorry I never had time when this was "beta"!

--Dan

Comment

Jon,

was playing around with this more and more.

Love how fast it is.

I"ve noticed I'm getting a LOT of these now:
                  Jon00_RCCNM [Device1] Cannot connect to client on port 8000

Everytime I see this, whatever I've got scripted does not get executed. Any idea?

--Dan

Comment

Someone else has reported this, however I have not seen it happen here. Are you sending multiple calls to the client from a script by chance?
                    Jon

Comment

yep:

Code:

if( hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||checkprocess||vlc") = "1:1") then
                            hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||N")
                         else
                            hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||ESCAPE")
                            hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||65||633||||0||")
                            result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||getcursorbgcolor") 
                            ' we are at the end of the show, and we now see "Netflix Red" on the screen
                            ' we are on the red screen
                            if(result = "8B181A") then
                               hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||F")

if(parm  = 1) then
                                  screenPos = "600||430"
                               else
                                  screenPos = "800||500"
                               end if
                               hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||" & screenPos & "||1||left||0||")
                               'hs.waitsecs(2)
                               'hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||F")
                               hs.waitsecs(6)
                            ' we are widescreen
                            elseif(result <> "000000") then
                               if(parm  = 1) then
                                  screenPos = "128||675"
                               else
                                  screenPos = "300||815"
                               end if
                               hs.runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||SPACE")
                               hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||" & screenPos & "|1||left||0||")
                               'hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||" & screenPos & "|1||left||0||")
                               hs.waitsecs(6)
                               hs.waitsecs(2)
                            ' we are normal screen
                            else
                         '      hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||250||680||1||left||0||")
                               hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||230||680||1||left||0||")
                               hs.waitsecs(6)
                               hs.waitsecs(2)
                            end if
                            hs.waitsecs(2)
                            hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||750||525||||0||")
                         end if
                      Basically, IF VLC is running, send an "n" for the next "thing" in the queue. Otherwise, assume it's Netflix running. If that's the case, look to see what type of screen is being displayed (16:9, 4:3, etc). By that, we can determine WHERE the buttons are located. Then, click with the mouse.

Comment

Brilliant, perfect, all great features. I love the new web interface.

Thanks,
                        Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                          yep:

Code:

if( hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||checkprocess||vlc") = "1:1") then
                                hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||N")
                             else
                                hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||65||633||||0||")
                                result=hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||getcursorbgcolor") 
                                ' we are at the end of the show, and we now see "Netflix Red" on the screen
                                ' we are on the red screen
                                if(result = "8B181A") then

if(parm  = 1) then
                                      screenPos = "600||430"
                                   else
                                      screenPos = "800||500"
                                   end if
                                   hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||" & screenPos & "||1||left||0||")
                                   'hs.waitsecs(2)
                                   'hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||F")
                                   hs.waitsecs(6)
                                ' we are widescreen
                                elseif(result <> "000000") then
                                   if(parm  = 1) then
                                      screenPos = "128||675"
                                   else
                                      screenPos = "300||815"
                                   end if
                                   hs.runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||SPACE")
                                   hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||" & screenPos & "|1||left||0||")
                                   'hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||" & screenPos & "|1||left||0||")
                                   hs.waitsecs(6)
                                   hs.waitsecs(2)
                                ' we are normal screen
                                else
                             '      hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||250||680||1||left||0||")
                                   hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||230||680||1||left||0||")
                                   hs.waitsecs(6)
                                   hs.waitsecs(2)
                                end if
                                hs.waitsecs(2)
                                hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||750||525||||0||")
                             end if
                          Basically, IF VLC is running, send an "n" for the next "thing" in the queue. Otherwise, assume it's Netflix running. If that's the case, look to see what type of screen is being displayed (16:9, 4:3, etc). By that, we can determine WHERE the buttons are located. Then, click with the mouse.
                          Wow - that is quite impressive. The issue is that the client is probably still responding to the previous calls.

Things you can try:

1) Wait for a result by changing all script calls to Result=hs.runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||.....
                          2) Use Macros or Macro21 to carry out most of your local tasks. This will reduce the number of calls to the client.
                          3) Go back to the previous slower client connection method. If you have just downloaded this, check out the Q & A section in the docs.
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                            Brilliant, perfect, all great features. I love the new web interface.

Thanks,
                            Aldo
                            Thanks!
                            Jon

Comment

can macros perform logic? I thought they could only do a group of "things"?

I tried to FORCE it to wait by ading result=[command]. That did not seem to help. Are you using UDP or something? IS that how you made it faster?

I tried the "old" ClientConnectMode=1, that works, but wow, SLOOOW...especially after seeing what is possible. I'll keep playing.

--Dan

Comment

No, Macros do not perform logic, however you have a number of things which could be grouped together. With a slight bit of reprogramming, you could do much more locally with a few macro calls.

i.e.

PHP Code:
                                 if(result "8B181A"then
                                         hs
                                .Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||sendkeys||F")

if(
                                parm  1then
                                            screenPos 
                                "600||430"

else

screenPos "800||500"

end if

hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||cursorpos||" screenPos "||1||left||0||")

'hs.waitsecs(2)
                                         '
                                hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||sendkeys||F")

hs.waitsecs(6)

' we are widescreen
                                      elseif(result <> "000000") then
                                         if(parm  = 1) then
                                            screenPos = "128||675"
                                         else
                                            screenPos = "300||815"
                                         end if
                                         hs.runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||sendkeys||SPACE")
                                         hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm & "||cursorpos||" & screenPos & "|1||left||0||")
                                         '
                                hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||cursorpos||" screenPos "|1||left||0||")

hs.waitsecs(6)

hs.waitsecs(2)

' we are normal screen
                                      else
                                   '      
                                hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||cursorpos||250||680||1||left||0||")

hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||cursorpos||230||680||1||left||0||")

hs.waitsecs(6)

hs.waitsecs(2)

end if 
                                Could become:

PHP Code:
                                 if(result "8B181A"then

if(parm  1then
                                            hs
                                .Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||Macro10")
                                         else

hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||Macro11")

end if
                                      elseif(
                                result <> "000000"then

if(parm  1then
                                           hs
                                .Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||Macro12")
                                         else

hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||Macro13")

end if
                                      else

hs.Runex("Jon00RCCNM.vben","main",parm "||Macro14")

end if 
                                Macro10 would be:

sendkeys||F
                                cursorpos||600||430||1||left||0
                                Wait||6000
                                sendkeys||F

Macro11 would be:

sendkeys||F
                                cursorpos||800||500||1||left||0
                                Wait||6000
                                sendkeys||F

etc....

Using Macro21 would be easier in some respects as you can pick and choose which lines to run.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X