X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Service not found

Stipus

Just started the trial of your plug-in. The capabilities looks impressive and if my coding skills were a little more up to scratch I'd probably be further than I am.

However, I was wondering if you could take a look at the attached VB script and let me know where I am going wrong. I suspect it is someting to with a missing #INCLUDE or #USING command, but the script seems to fail when I start using the .ToString function.

I've scoured the board but can't seem to find the missing link ...

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Nicolai
    Attached Files
    Nicolai L

ToString() is a function --> you have to add () even if the function parameter lit is empty

ParmArray = Parms.ToString().Split(" ")
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
      ToString() is a function --> you have to add () even if the function parameter lit is empty

ParmArray = Parms.ToString().Split(" ")
      Thanks, that did move me on a bit, but now I'm getting an error in HS log that says Parms is not defined when it is clearly defined as parameter eg:

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

I also get an error to state that 'Replace' is not defined. Replace is a pre-exisitng function though??

I wrote this in VB using tenScripting and it compiled and ran fine in this environment before I tried to push it out to use the script connector. There seems to be some differences in the two environments that I can't quite work out.

Any pointers/guidelines?

TIA
      Nicolai L

Comment

Because of the way the script connector works (and rewrites some parts of the script before compiling), you have to use a main defined like this:

Sub Main( param as Object )
        End Sub

You can't change the name of the parameter to anything else. This is a limitation of the plugin.
        --
        stipus

Comment

OK, got it. Nearly got everything working now.

Sorry, for being such a pain, but ...

I have tried using both the Replace function and the Mid function. Both of which works fine directly from VB, but gives me a "Requested Service No Found" error when I try via the plug-in.

Are these not available or do I need to call them in a different manner?

Thanks
          Nicolai
          Nicolai L

Comment

I think you have to use it this way in VB.Net:

Device = Device.Replace("camID=", "")
            --
            stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
              I think you have to use it this way in VB.Net:

Device = Device.Replace("camID=", "")
              Top man! You're absolutely right, many thanks. Looks like I better go find myself a VB.Net manual somewhere ...
              Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
              X