New RainRelay8 plug-in forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
    I use a lot of LED low voltage lighting in the house, displays, window candles, under and in cabinet lighting as well as some landscape lighting all running at 12vdc powered by batteries that are charged via solar panels. I have been using UPB I/O modules and they work just fine but were getting expensive to use. The WGL unit while about the same price gives me 5 additional relays I can control.

so mainly you run wires around to each device.... hmmm that is cool.. but could be hard for some...

i dont have any low voltage lights yet.. going to once i redo my kitchen.. under cabinet lighting....
    also we have 2 solar lights out back.... maybe ill convert them in the future...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
      I use a lot of LED low voltage lighting in the house, displays, window candles, under and in cabinet lighting as well as some landscape lighting all running at 12vdc powered by batteries that are charged via solar panels. I have been using UPB I/O modules and they work just fine but were getting expensive to use. The WGL unit while about the same price gives me 5 additional relays I can control.
      Which window candles do you have? Which led under cabinet lighting are you running. I'm headed to Wally World now to buy a new florescent tube for 2 of my flo's and would be interested in some low voltage under cabinet lights.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
        so mainly you run wires around to each device.... hmmm that is cool.. but could be hard for some...

i dont have any low voltage lights yet.. going to once i redo my kitchen.. under cabinet lighting....
        also we have 2 solar lights out back.... maybe ill convert them in the future...

Not being a real fan of wireless I hardwire everything. When the house was being built I put in so much wire and access panels to places that there really isn't anywhere that I can't get wire to these days.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Which window candles do you have? Which led under cabinet lighting are you running. I'm headed to Wally World now to buy a new florescent tube for 2 of my flo's and would be interested in some low voltage under cabinet lights.
          Rupp, most of the stuff I've found to work well so far has started out life for RV's. They make a lot of stuff for them, all in 12V. As "off the grid" becomes more popular I am starting to see more and more lighting products becoming available.

I use a bunch of these under my cabinets as well as inside of them.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...specs%2Fam.htm

The warm white color is the best looking, most natural, I've found so far.

The window candles I use are from http://windowcandles.com/beta/product.php . I've had them installed for a long time now. I simply changed out the bulbs on those and went with a low power LED bulb with mini candelabra base. I got hooked on these because of their clean look. Since they are low voltage all the wire is inside that wall or hidden behind and under moulding so you don't see cords hanging off the window sills. Putting them in had a big WAF boost.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X