Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Speaker

When Homeseer starts I get this speaker error

Error initializing Voice recognition probably not installed, check your Speech control panel : Exception from HRESULT:0x8004503A

Whats the fix

In the HS setup I go to;
    Tools/Setup/Other settings and untick Launch Speaker Client on Startup

Comment

speaker error

Thank you for the reply. Don't we have to have speaker client running. I did uncheck and you where correct, but when I tried to start it manually the error still appeared.
      Again thanks

Comment

My HS runs on Server 2012, no speakers or drivers for speakers.
        I have no issues!
        I have the speaker files on my desktop and they work just fine for sound.

Comment

server

I have a server with 2003 in it and am not using it. I have thought about up dating it to a newer version but have been discouraged by HS tech . What has been your experience with it . I haven't used it for a year . Do you run other applications on the server also.

Comment

Windows server software doesn't come loaded with the media tools required to run the speaker app and this is why it isn't a supported OS. A quick Google search shows this page indicating how and where to get the needed components for using the speaker client for each OS.
            http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...s-media-player
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
              I have a server with 2003 in it and am not using it. I have thought about up dating it to a newer version but have been discouraged by HS tech . What has been your experience with it . I haven't used it for a year . Do you run other applications on the server also.
              Server 2012 works a treat. It is a media store with 12TB of storage, I stream music and videos from it. It runs HS and squeezeserver.
              I then use Hyper-V on the same box running another instance of 2012 which is dedicated to running my mail server, Exchange 2013.

Very stable.

Comment

Working...
              X