Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFXCom Dual Frequency Receiver - Antenna Configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXCom Dual Frequency Receiver - Antenna Configuration?

Hello,

I just received the RFXCom 310/433 mhz USB Interface in the mail today. The unit comes with two different size antenna's. However, one thing I haven't been able to figure out though is which antenna plugs into the two antenna output connectors. Neither antenna connector is marked, so I'm not sure which one to plug into which connector.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm not sure connecting the wrong antenna will do any harm, other than reducing the effective range the unit can receive a signal.
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

The biggest antenna is for 310MHz.
    If I'm right there is a document "Assembly instructions groundplane" on the CD delivered with the receiver.

The Slave receiver is placed in the USB interface closest to the USB connector and I think this is the 310MHz receiver. You can test this very easily by connecting the receivers to a PC and trigger a 310MHz X10 sensor. The green LED will blink for the 310MHz receiver then.

Bert

Comment

Thanks Bert!
      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Working...
      X