No announcement yet.

Vitamin D video surveillance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just gota vitamin d, I've set up some rules, but have issues with it snowing, I've set it to max pixel, and 2 seconds in the area, any other thoughts on preventing a ton of false positives?

Comment

I've switched to iSpy for my recording control. I don't see any problem with snowfall, but night-day changeover always triggers. (That problem seems rather minor to me though.) There are some false triggers, but not enough to be really bothersome. I don't have it looking at a pool, so I don't know how it will do with that problem, but it does have a few algorithms to choose from, so there may be one that works acceptably. It doesn't provide the same degree of identification of a person that VDV does, but I think it's worth a try.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by afmiller View Post
        Just gota vitamin d, I've set up some rules, but have issues with it snowing, I've set it to max pixel, and 2 seconds in the area, any other thoughts on preventing a ton of false positives?
        Hi Afmiller, I have not have a single false alarm since 2 year and we have a lot of snow. Here is my setup. People / Ignore object smaller then 60 pixels / Crossing a bounday
        Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
        --
        Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hello Ton,

forgive me if my brain is a little fried, working nights and almost going home. I will set up that rule, I have a defined box where I want to record objects/people in, if I set the rule for snow, wont it still save the snow under the other rule? The reason for this is I have a road that the camera looks at, I want stuff that is in the driveway to be recorded

Comment

Relating to Zoneminder (and I would have to say maybe that Vitamin D is similiar); each area or multiple area's are assigned to a motion event. Specifically averaging methodologies are utilized per area defined. You can make them more or less sensitive.

I also utilize outdoor PIR's and other stuff to define outdoor motion triggers and set up rules for recordings. I do have my driveway camera set up such that it looks at the driveway relating to motion and not the street. There are though 3 cams on the driveway and I use a combo of the three for motion. (one up, one down and one over the driveway).
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I pretty much do what Pete mentioned. When I was capturnig on my server, I disabled all triggers until a PIR tripped. Then I enabled the video capturing algorithms during a period of time. If there was something, it would get captured. 0 false trips.

At this point, I use a DVR, it does whatever it does.

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Outdoor PIR?

Comment

Optex.

Its an art though to utilize outdoor PIR's that has evolved over the years. Some utilize very narrow spot beams; other's focus their beams. Aside from the autonomous PIR's I also utilize Optex Combo security/PIR devices (aside from the camera they have three different NC/NO switches - night-day, motion and tamper).

The Optex do look innocuous. They are all wired though and not wireless. I have some other non Optex outdoor PIR's that actually look more like cameras than they do PIR's; they are not innocuous and more functional than aesthetically pleasing to the eye and as large as the cameras.

http://www.optexamerica.com/

The attached picture is from the Optex Analog combo PIR/Camera (it is now "old" technology from the early 2000's). It is an SD camera. Today's technology would provide you with a 720/1080P crispy view. 2nd picture is the 720 Aircam with a 2.5mm wide angle lens mounted some 20 something feet up. It was a pita to mount and adjust on the ladder right under the roof. I did change the lens on the Optex for a wider view going from a 4mm to a 3.6mm lens. It does have a nice field of vision. I did have a nice 35 foot tree there on the left until this past summer with a little windy microburst (78 MPH on the weather station) literally broke the tree in half.

The picture of the Optex camera is attached. It really is much smaller than it appears in the picture.

BTW I have tried many cameras exposing them to direct weather and sun. Most have only lasted 2-3 years outside (cheapo ones). The Optex combos have been outside for over 10 years and the plastic and plastic lens and are not weathered or brittle at all. Must have used some "super PVC/Plastic on these"; they were built for longitivity with a price though.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Pete; March 4, 2013, 05:09 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I just use the X10 "bulge" eye. At least that is what I did use before I got the DVR.

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

BTW you are better off using software that works with a variety of IP cameras rather than using propietary software tied to one manufacturer of IP / analog cameras; IE like Vitamin D even though many companies provide you with their software for free.

Here is the alarm pixel motion setup for Zoneminder (all are similiar). Goofing a bit I have one zone now tripping one device such that say if the driveway has 1,2,3,4 zones each of them relate to one alarm device (variable). Its easier today than it was a few years back. Today its just moving the mouse; before it was putting in the position via x and y pixels. The definitions for the zones and algorithms are a bit overwhelming where you have to play some to get it to a point where it works the best. Wind, light, snow, rain, insects et all all play a part of the adjustments and that why I prefer using a mixture of analog and digital stuff as its not a perfect science. One day I had a bird that liked the camera and that caused some issues with the bird hovering in front and soiling the lens when using it as a perch. Another time it was a large coyote walking on the driveway at 3 AM in the morning; personally it was cleaning up the bumper crop of rabbits in my neighborhood; which was good. The rabbit numbers are so high lately that they run berm to berm when I just go get my mail or pull out of the driveway (they are very brave these days).
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Pete; March 4, 2013, 05:42 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

integration Vitamin D

Hi,

What I understand you were able to integrate Vitamin D in to HS
                        Can you briefly explain how to... or some script sample
                        I would be very appreciated. I intending to get it but before I trying to do proper research

Many Thanks in advance

Marek

Comment

I use Zoneminder and not Vitamin D with some basic scripts but not for homeseer stuff. For that I just utilize HTML picture / video grabs and now incorporate both xAP and X10.

Most of the perl scripts though are done and you just tweak them to your liking.

Here is the an example of a part of the xAP script.

Code:
                          BEGIN {
                             GetOptions("config:s"=>\$config_path,
                                     "lib:s"=>\$lib_path,
                                     "path:s"=>\$app_path
                                    );
                             if ($app_path) {
                                $config_path = "$app_path/zmxap.conf" unless $config_path;
                                $lib_path = "$app_path/lib" unless $lib_path;
                             } else {
                                $config_path = "./zmxap.conf" unless $config_path;
                                $lib_path = "./lib" unless $lib_path;
                             }
                             unshift @INC, $lib_path;
                             unshift @INC, "$lib_path/site";

require xAP::Comm;
                             require xAP::VMI_Item;
                             require xAP::BSC_Item;
                             require xAP::Util;
                             require Config::IniFiles;
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hello All.

Have several questions that hopefully you guys with experience could help answer. I'm looking for hardware and software to use as advance triggers to create events based on occupancy and directional human movement.

So far I have found two viable solutions. VitaminD & Blades plugin BLRadar. From reading in this thread VitaminD is very powerful tool but has its drawbacks such as lag time for events to trigger. On the other hand I feel BLRadar would be good a filling in that void while speeding up event triggering and not to mention its uses with respect to privacy (does one really want a camera in their bathroom or bedroom?".

Reading between the lines from everyone's experiences I think VitaminD would be great for large areas, outdoors, or anywhere it might take a person several seconds to walk to before an event would trigger. Of course the software still has its place as a DVR and the ability to scan days or weeks of motion recorded video for analysis if need be.

Reading from the VitaminD forum it appears only specific cameras can be utilized by this software. http://vitamindinc.com/cameras.html.
                            Here's more unsupported cameras that are confirmed by end users. http://vitamindvideo.com/forums/view...0c78ef4401aa26
                            My questions regarding this are,
                            What fairly inexpensive indoor and outdoor camera has everyone else had success with?
                            Has anyone tried to use spy or covert cameras weather they be analog or IP?
                            For analog cameras their is a need to convert signals, would anyone reccomend either a DVR or use IP video encoders? (My CAT 6 LANN will be pretty tied up with media streaming so its my intent to serve all the camera on their own switch)

Does anyone have experience with the above Blade plugin?
                            http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1029
                            Currently I have an Elk M1 with every door and window on its own zone. I just bought two motion sensors that are very discreet as I prefer hardware installed to be clean and unnoticeable. http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wired-Detectors/Spy-4 These will be used in small hallways and stair cases where it would be impractical for VitaminD based events.

Lastly there was a fake smoke detector that I seen before that had the ability to hold up to for small analog spy/covert camera providing 360 degree video coverage. I believe they were Sony analog cameras. For the life of me I can not find that product again and was wondering if y'all knew of something as such.

Thanks and please excuse the many questions I have.

CharlieWayne.
                            Last edited by CharlieWayne; May 12, 2013, 08:37 AM. Reason: typo error :(
                            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Here's a new post from a user that integrated their mobile devices camera into VitaminD.

This might be useful for a Tablet being used as a HS Touch client.

http://vitamindvideo.com/forums/view...0c78ef4401aa26
                              HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                              PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                              HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Lastly there was a fake smoke detector that I seen before that had the ability to hold up to for small analog spy/covert camera providing 360 degree video coverage. I believe they were Sony analog cameras. For the life of me I can not find that product again and was wondering if y'all knew of something as such.
                                These are still sold. Did a quick ebay search for them:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Here I have some PIR's which are really PIRs and pinhole cameras. They are analog and work well. I purchased these with the original Optex outdoor combo PIR/Analog purchases a few years back.

That said you can purchase a Grandstream HD IP combo dome; put a wide angle lens on it and now it comes with a built in smoke detector. That said I did see these for around $100 each about a month ago. I have tested a 1.8mm and 2.1mm fisheye with the same camera board on a different Grandstream IP HD camera and it works well.

http://www.grandstream.com/products/...re_english.pdf
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X