Radio Shack IP Cams for $25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trnednet Wireless

Not quite as good a deal as the Schlages for $25, but CompUSA has the Trendnet Wireless on sale for $50.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/...&Sku=T156-2414

-Dave

Comment

Good deal Dave. I've been playing with that model and its working well. Just recently they also had the 120 model with wireless and IR lighting. Going to try that one where the Foscam is to see how it works. I like the small footprint. For those wanting to utilize the Trendnets outdoors Trendnet makes an outdoor housing with a small heater...but its $100.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by raptorsss View Post
        Not quite as good a deal as the Schlages for $25, but CompUSA has the Trendnet Wireless on sale for $50.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/...&Sku=T156-2414

-Dave
        Bummer...

Sales is over now...
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Pete, thanks for your email suggestion, it worked like a charm.

Aldo

Comment

Good news Aldo; STunnel has worked well for me for quit a few years now.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hey Guys,

So I have moved 4 more cams from the Shack into my production environment. All flashed ok with NorthQ software. Here is a question, since I can't get the netcam to ever pull images, I poked around and found this:

http://www.northq.com/docs/NQ9006-Install.zip

It is a stand alone NVR software that I would like to use on the Home Troller to store video on the NAS that is hooked up.

Has anyone got this to work yet?

Also, anyone gottent he motion triggering working on it? The wireless versions do not seem to support it but the wired ones do for some reason...

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Steve,

I tried to get it to work with Netcam and could not.

Here's a short script; see if this works for you.

Create a directory under Homeseer HTML called radioshack.

Code:
                Sub Main(parm as object)

Dim S As Object = hs.GetURLImage 

("http://IPOFCAM/","/img/snapshot.cgi",false,80,"html/radioshack/radioshack.jpg")

end sub
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Anyone using this camera with Vitamin D Video? If so, what settings are you using....

Comment

OK, I have the NVR software downloaded from NorthQ working!!!

You will need to use the internet settings and not the LAN settings so you will have to give your cams access to the web. I use DynDNS and lock the cams out with PW's and it works just fine.

Here is a screen shot of the setting screen:

Here is what you need to enter:

1) Check that "Internet" is selected not "lan"
                    2) Enter any device name you want here, no spaces - keep it short like "KitchenCam"
                    3) enter "yourdyndnsdomainhere.dyndns.com" <-- or whatever you use. No http, no port, just the plain name. This is if you install the NVR on a computer not in your LAN.
                    3a) if you have static IP's on all these cams, put in the IP itself there. Example, 192.168.1.100. These DO NOT need to be publically routable if you do not have access to these cams over the web but, can be the public IP's if that is what you use.
                    4) put in the port that you configered in the GUI if you changed it from 80.
                    5) Put in the cam's username that you built in the GUI. If you do not have username enabled in your cam, you can leave this blank.
                    6) As as above but for password
                    7) Leave the stream type MPEG4
                    8) Check "Enable Tigger Event"
                    9) Cleck the "test" button. If you get "Test Successful" you are done, click the "add" button. If not, check the settings and try again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

FYI, I picked up one of these in a wireless flavor the other day for 39 bucks, so if that is something you are interested in check and see if there are any left. The only problem I have with these cameras is no night vision. Going to have to use the Foscams for that I suppose.

Comment

Wholly crap! That is a smoking deal. They are still 80 bucks here in CA!

Comment

Anyone got these working with either Webcamx or Vitamin D? What settings are you using?

thanks

Comment

Yes, I use them with WebcamXP. You can set them up as a Linksys Wvc54gca (mjpeg). I heard that someone on this board, (maybe this thread), had contacted the Author of WebcamXP to make a specific template for this camera. I don't know if that happened.
                            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                            Web Site
                            YouTube Channel

Comment

All - Thanks for sharing your finding. I was able to install and get the NVR software working. I used the lan configuration without issues. Did you get the motion detection to work? On mine, It works via the IE Web tool but it does not work via the NVR software. I like these cameras, nice cool application as well.

Vitamin D would be the next step.

Aldo

Comment

Picked up 2 today - looking forward to modding!

Comment

Working...
                                X