Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not reading display and getting "Skipping bad message"

Hello all,

I'm having a problem that I haven't been able to figure out. I can control the alarm fine using the plugin but I'm not getting any status from the dispalys. I have partition 1 set to device 18. In the log files I see the following:

Skipping bad message: [100000010000--------],08,[f70000071008001c08020000],"****DISARMED**** Ready to Arm "
    This has never worked, I'm just in the process of doing an upgrade from HS2 to HS3.

Thanks
    Ben

Ben,
    did you configure partition 1 on the Partition page within the plugin? is addr 18 correct?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I did configure partition 1 as well as now enabling address 21 on the panel and switching the ad2usb and the plugin to address 21. Same result, still getting the skipping bad message.

To confirm, by configure the partition I'm assuming you mean setting a code and enabling the partition?

Thanks
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by bwstein View Post
        I did configure partition 1 as well as now enabling address 21 on the panel and switching the ad2usb and the plugin to address 21. Same result, still getting the skipping bad message.

To confirm, by configure the partition I'm assuming you mean setting a code and enabling the partition?

Thanks
        Ben
        Ben,
        you have the config correct. usually the 'bad message' means the plugin thinks the message is not formatted correctly.

can you post a few more panel msgs that are different. I need a few more for comparison

what is the fw version of your ad2usb? it is displayed in the hs log during startup
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          Ben,
          you have the config correct. usually the 'bad message' means the plugin thinks the message is not formatted correctly.

can you post a few more panel msgs that are different. I need a few more for comparison

what is the fw version of your ad2usb? it is displayed in the hs log during startup
          Sorry for the lag in replying. The problem turned out to be the firmware version of the ad2usb. As soon as I updated that things started working.

Thanks!

Ben

Comment

Well that was easy. Glad you got it working.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X