HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with DB

It is Windows 2012 Server running as a VM...
    I went in and gave the MusicDB folder all users full control of that folder.
    It does seem like it can't see it though....But if I delete it and restart HS3...it recreates it. So Homeseer obviously can access it.

Any ideas on permissions it is looking for?

Thanks,
    Philip

Comment

Originally posted by pabbott@cpak.com View Post
      It is Windows 2012 Server running as a VM...
      I went in and gave the MusicDB folder all users full control of that folder.
      It does seem like it can't see it though....But if I delete it and restart HS3...it recreates it. So Homeseer obviously can access it.

Any ideas on permissions it is looking for?

Thanks,
      Philip
      Suspected this wasn't your run-of-the-mill install
      I don't mess with permissions and what makes this even stranger is that it requires only read permission when it fails, versus write permission when it gets created.

Do check permissions on all the (directory) folders in the whole path and the mdb file itself. Check it for anything out of the ordinary versus other files. Don't copy it from your HS2 install, the format of the file changed.

Just to double check, when you say the file gets created, do you mean it gets created with the installer or you click on buildDB and then it gets created? What's the file size of that file? If the installer can write it but the PI can't access it, that would definitely mean something with permissions. If the PI can write it but not find it to read it, that makes no sense to me and if that's the case, I think you need to read up or google on VM settings/issues.

Dirk

edit: just checked my code, in HS3 the file is not installed by the installer anymore so it is created only by the PI. So I have no idea why it can create it but not find it to read it.
      Turn debug on, create DB and look for these statement "BuildTrackDatabase for zoneplayer". Is the path name identical (including caps and slashes) with the path name you found in the error?
      Last edited by dcorsus; December 16, 2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Comment

Lag related to queue?

Hi Dirk:
          Just converting from HS2 to HS3. Got the plugin installed and seems to be working OK with one exception. Whenever I try to pull up a device - for example my AMP device for my Sunroom - there seems to be a lag in bringing up the page in the HS3 web interface as well as when I try to initiate any function like play, stop, etc. When I empty the queue of the device it comes up almost right away and if I try to play one track it starts/stops right away. I'm using version 3.0.0.17 plugin running in Beta version 3.0.0.149 HS3 on a Windows 7 PC dedicated to the controller. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by taiello6683 View Post
            Hi Dirk:
            Just converting from HS2 to HS3. Got the plugin installed and seems to be working OK with one exception. Whenever I try to pull up a device - for example my AMP device for my Sunroom - there seems to be a lag in bringing up the page in the HS3 web interface as well as when I try to initiate any function like play, stop, etc. When I empty the queue of the device it comes up almost right away and if I try to play one track it starts/stops right away. I'm using version 3.0.0.17 plugin running in Beta version 3.0.0.149 HS3 on a Windows 7 PC dedicated to the controller. Any suggestions?
            If you had selected in the navigation box let's say all tracks or all albums or anything that is lengthy, that could explain why it takes time to pull up the player page. Why it lags to do thing like play/pause/stop I have no idea unless you are trying to play internet radiostations which could take a little to establish/buffer etc. Do note that the web pages are refreshed only every 2 seconds so things could appear to react slow(er) on your web page, but the action itself should be instantaneous.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk:
              I think I better understand the problem now, it is not your navigationbox which is the problem, I suspect you have many tracks in your queue. Unfortunately, the only way to populate the queue is to retrieve it from the player and given it is dynamic you can't really cache or store it on the HS PC. So if you have a lot of tracks in the queue, that could give problems and I'm not sure I can even fix that because it just takes time to retrieve them (via UPNP). I need to double check my code whether I repopulate these queues each time a track changes and stuff because that would really be an issue.

Just tried with 25K tracks in the queue and I couldn't even pull up the web page .....

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk:
                I made serious improvements on how the queue info is retrieved. 5K tracks which took about 1 minute is now 5~10 seconds. This will be rolled out in the next version which is 3.1 baseline (major changes, Linux support, hopefully MediaAPI support). For time being suggest you keep the queue a bit smaller.

Dirk

Comment

Woohoo... +1 for linux support. It is soo much easier to create a separate linux VM for each of the major apps I run. Plex, homeseer, web servers, minecraft servers... than to try to run them all on one machine

Comment

New Sonos HS3 version v3.0.0.19 posted

Should be in the updater soon

Changes to v3.0.0.19
                    • The "repeated announcement" issue seems to be back. Built in a protection to force no-repeat for announcements, even when it mysteriously changes during the announcement
                    • Rewrote yet again the code to deal with missing starts of announcements. Symptoms are that the announcement gets cut after 1~2 seconds

Comment

Radiostation DB

Hi

I am new to the Sonos plugin (but not new to HS)

When I play a radiostation, the file:
                      SonosRadioStationsDB.mdb
                      is created in
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\MusicDB

When I try to create an Event doing:
                      "Sonos Ations" / "Play Radiostation" / "Select player: Foaje" and than click "Select Radiostation" dropdown
                      I get the error:

feb-01 15:33:01 Sonos Error Error in LibGetRadioStationlists for zone Foaje unable to open DB with error- Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\MusicDb\SonosDB.mdb'.

in the log.

It look to me that one part of the plugin is refering to the file as:
                      SonosRadioStationsDB.mdb
                      but the event part is expection to find:
                      SonosDB.mdb

Bug?

Comment

Originally posted by fermate View Post
                        Hi

I am new to the Sonos plugin (but not new to HS)

When I play a radiostation, the file:
                        SonosRadioStationsDB.mdb
                        is created in
                        C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\MusicDB

When I try to create an Event doing:
                        "Sonos Ations" / "Play Radiostation" / "Select player: Foaje" and than click "Select Radiostation" dropdown
                        I get the error:

feb-01 15:33:01 Sonos Error Error in LibGetRadioStationlists for zone Foaje unable to open DB with error- Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\Sonos\MusicDb\SonosDB.mdb'.

in the log.

It look to me that one part of the plugin is refering to the file as:
                        SonosRadioStationsDB.mdb
                        but the event part is expection to find:
                        SonosDB.mdb

Bug?
                        Actually there are 2 databases that hold radio stations. The main DB which replicates the Sonos DB has not been created. Go to the Sonos conf page and set to daily. You can create it immediately by going to the device page, click on control for the Sonos master device , then click create DB
                        Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                          Actually there are 2 databases that hold radio stations. The main DB which replicates the Sonos DB has not been created. Go to the Sonos conf page and set to daily. You can create it immediately by going to the device page, click on control for the Sonos master device , then click create DB
                          Dirk
                          Ah
                          Thanks!

Comment

Displaying artwork in HS Touch?

Dirk - thank you for this terrific plugin and all of the work you do surrounding it.

I've recently installed it (3.0.0.19) and have been enjoying exploring the possibilities, particularly as integrated with HS Touch. Apologies if this has been covered but I had no luck with a search. Presumably artwork that displays in the HS3 web browser for SONOS can display within HS Touch, yet I've had no luck with pointing status tracking to the selectable item in the drop down menu (ie. "Sonos Bedroom Art") - so I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong. Status tracking for textual items such as track or artist works fine. I'm hoping you or someone can set me on the right path.

I am a good "basic" user but certainly not "advanced" so thanks for your understanding.

Comment

I have multiple screens using Sonos plugin functionality and it works fantastically well.

To show Album Art, you simply add an image element, and for StatusTrackingNormal you select HomeSeer Devices as the Normal Association Type and then Sonos (Location) Art as the HomeSeer device. It'll only give you a radial button for Use Status Image.

Then set ImageFormat property to Stretched and you're good to go.

Comment

And poof... it works! I thought I had been doing exactly that (except for selecting 'stretched') but I followed your simple instructions, step-by-step and I'm all set.
                                Thanks so much.

Originally posted by Adam12hicks View Post
                                I have multiple screens using Sonos plugin functionality and it works fantastically well.

To show Album Art, you simply add an image element, and for StatusTrackingNormal you select HomeSeer Devices as the Normal Association Type and then Sonos (Location) Art as the HomeSeer device. It'll only give you a radial button for Use Status Image.

Then set ImageFormat property to Stretched and you're good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X