Controlling a Bluetooth device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to control a Bluetooth device with Homeseer. I would like to have Homeseer stop my Bluetooth speaker when I leave. Any ideas?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

How about just cutting the power with e.g. z-wave ?

Comment

The speaker is battery powered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

What device is connected to the speaker? If it's your phone then there's no way to sever that connection from a second device. If it's a phone then you could probably use Tasker to do the disconnect.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using my iPad to play music. It would be great for HS to be able to mute the music when the phone rings, etc.

I'll check out tasker. I'm not familiar with it.
          Steve Q

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Steve Q; July 19, 2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
            I am using my iPad to play music. It would be great for HS to be able to mute the music when the phone rings, etc.

I'll check out tasked. I'm not familiar with it.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
            Bluetooth is unfortunately not a particularly trivial protocol to talk to and I believe that it will be like Rupp says, when it is connected to your iPad then it is up to your iPad to disconnect/control it from whichever application is using it.

Comment

Working...
            X