Newbie w/ Intermatic HA09 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie w/ Intermatic HA09 Problem

Yes I am a Newbie and have been wanting to do Home Automation for some time. Well with the average being about 10k-20k for my house and the fact that I am a .NET programmer of sorts I decided I would just do it myself. Here is the problem... I recently purchased the HomeSeer kit with the SW, Z-Wave USB interface, and an Intermatic HA03 Lamp module and HA09 controller. After setting up the HA03 with the HA09 control and using it to control the light, I tried to get the Z-Wave USB interface to learn the devices, it kept erroring out. I have read all posts about the problems with the Z-Wave USB Interface having multiple problems w/ HS2. So I figured I would reset the HA09's Network and Channels and would start from scratch once I got the HS2.1 beta hoping that would work. Well now since Idownloaded and installed HS2.1 and reset the HA09's Network and Channel I can not get it to work. When I try to configure a network by pushing the Channel 1 ON/Off buttons all I get is a red blinking light. I even tried what I would assume to be a reset button in the battery compartment, with no luck. So can anyone help a Newbie reset his HA09 so he can control his HA03 and get HS2.1 up and running? BTW, the manual says when the HA03 does not work with the HA09 simply reset it. Well it does not tell you how to do that and there are no buttons to push on the HA03, so can someone tell me how to do that as well?

When you reset the controller did you reset each switch? The instructions state:
    If needed, you can reset the NETWORK and CHANNEL
    settings individually or both together.
    NOTE: When resetting a controller, for best results, each
    module within the system should be individually reset also.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

thanks for your reply... How do I reset the HA03, Lamp Module there is no reset switch/button? BTW, I reset the HA09 before I did anything to the HA03.

Comment

Originally posted by RichS
        Rupp,

thanks for your reply... How do I reset the HA03, Lamp Module there is no reset switch/button? BTW, I reset the HA09 before I did anything to the HA03.
        Use the remote to reset each switch. I don't think there is a reset switch on the module itself. My Sylvania remote has a menu that goes Settings -> Reset Unit -> Are you sure?, etc. You might try resetting each switch and then reset the remote & the usb controller. Then rebuild the z-wave network.

Comment

Working...
        X