Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a speaker client replacement. All it can do is specific TTS without needing the speaker client being installed on remote machines.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jon00,
        I've tried to install your plugin on my Homeseer3 and I have problems (it is working find on Homeseer2):
        After installing the different files, when trying to connect to the adress http://<homeseer IP address>:<Homeseer port>/Jon00RCCNM.asp, I have the following message: "Script error: This class does not manage Automation: 'Request.QueryString.Item'"
        Any Ideas ?

Comment

Sounds like you are on a old version of HS3.
          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon.
            That's right: 3.0.0.55.
            Anything to do apart updating HS3 ?

Comment

I'm not sure why you do not want to upgrade as there have been so many bug fixes (including the error you see).

If you don't want to upgrade, then you will have to enter everything manually in the Jon00RCCNM.ini file. Details of each entry are in the docs.
              Jon

Comment

My connector recently quit, I believe after an HS update, to I believe .141

I have since updated to .143 and it still doesn't work. Basically I get the normal log entries at startup on my hs2 box, but my hs3 box shows absolutely nothing in the log when I start it there.

so, my thought was to check on a new version of the connector, my last update was back in Feb. But, I cant get to your HS server from your web page. this seems to come up quite a bit when I try to get to your downloads. I wont be able to reach it for days, then all of a sudden it will work.

is there an alternate place to get the current version of the connector?
                HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

You posted in the wrong forum, however I suspect your problem is that you have not updated the Homeseer dll files in the HS3 client directory to match the version of HS3 you are running.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    You posted in the wrong forum, however I suspect your problem is that you have not updated the Homeseer dll files in the HS3 client directory to match the version of HS3 you are running.

Thanks Jon...that fixed it...must have been lucky on the last several updates I have done because I haven't updated those dll's in a year.

And for future reference, what is the path to the correct forum? I was looking for a sub-forum under your name but found just this one.
                    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                      Thanks Jon...that fixed it...must have been lucky on the last several updates I have done because I haven't updated those dll's in a year.

And for future reference, what is the path to the correct forum? I was looking for a sub-forum under your name but found just this one.
                      http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162718
                      Jon

Comment

I am trying to get some clarification on one point of functionality with this plugin. Does it keep tabs on all new devices connecting to the network? For example if I have a friend come over and he connects to my network will this plugin see the new device and allow me to do things like name it and monitor it in the future by MAC address?
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

If your friend connects to your Network and then go to the config page, you can then add this like any other IP device. A new virtual device will be assigned which can be used to detect when your friend connects to the network.
                          Jon

Comment

If your friend connects to your Network and then go to the config page, you can then add this like any other IP device. A new virtual device will be assigned which can be used to detect when your friend connects to the network.

I see. Thank you.

I just took the plunge and installed this package. I'm having some issues.

First and foremost is that if I have the control page open and restart my browser my PC immediately restarts when the control page comes back up. The only solution is to shut down the client before opening the browser.

The second is that the mute function doesn't work. Neither from the control page or from the tray icon.

Suspend and WOL seem to work fine though. I haven't tested much else.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 if that makes any difference.

Comment

It sounds like your browser is caching the last command sent. For the moment, press the 'All devices' button after you have finished controlling stuff.

The control page was a temporary fix before HST added additional functionality. You don't need it now that control buttons on the virtual devices are available.

I also run Win 7 64 bit and mute works fine here. Are you using anything special with regards to the sound device?
                              Jon

Comment

It sounds like your browser is caching the last command sent. For the moment, press the 'All devices' button after you have finished controlling stuff.

The control page was a temporary fix before HST added additional functionality. You don't need it now that control buttons on the virtual devices are available.

I also run Win 7 64 bit and mute works fine here. Are you using anything special with regards to the sound device?

Right. I thought it had something to do with browser chaching.

My sound device is digital S/PDIF. It is listed under sound devices in the client. Is there something special I need to do? Why doesn't it just mute the system volume?

Also, is it possible to run a .bat or at least a shortcut to a batch file? I don't see that in the command index. Or even just a command I guess would do nicely. But I've already got a batch file setup for my command to run a remote Kinect instance. Which fails upon hibernation or suspension.

Comment

Working...
                                X