weather icons not transparent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather icons not transparent

I have just recently noticed the backgrounds of my weather icons (cloud, sun, etc) are no longer transparent. I have made sure "ColorNormal" is set to transparent for these tiles.

Anyone know why this might be happening?
    Last edited by Jinster; December 10, 2013, 04:48 AM.

Got same problem

Me too!

Comment

Can someone at least confirm that the weather icon transparency is working for them properly please? And on which version of the Android client? This would help.

Comment

The weather icon transparency is not working for me. I followed this thread hoping my images (though crappy) would look like this: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=153108

Is there some way to make these transparant?

I'm using the the www.worldweatheronline.com to get my data.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Okay, I think I've got it. I haven't tried this on a device yet, but it's working on designer.

Select the weather icon.
          Go to the ImageURLNormal line. From a default project, it will be like this:

[$REGEXREPLACE=[$RSS=http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=[$LATITUDE],[$LONGITUDE]&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=[$WEATHERAPIKEY]->weather->weatherIconUrl->1]->www.worldweatheronline.com/images/wsymbols01_png_64->images.homeseer.com/images/weather/wsymbols01_png_100]

Correct the two URLs that have changed so that the line is like this:

[$REGEXREPLACE=[$RSS=http://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v1/weather.ashx?q=[$LATITUDE],[$LONGITUDE]&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=[$WEATHERAPIKEY]->weather->weatherIconUrl->1]->cdn.worldweatheronline.net/images/wsymbols01_png_64->images.homeseer.com/images/weather/wsymbols01_png_100]

This is for the day two forecast.

For the current condition icon, use:

[$REGEXREPLACE=[$RSS=http://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v1/weather.ashx?q=[$LATITUDE],[$LONGITUDE]&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=[$WEATHERAPIKEY]->current_condition->weatherIconUrl->0]->cdn.worldweatheronline.net/images/wsymbols01_png_64->images.homeseer.com/images/weather/wsymbols01_png_128]

Make sure that StatusTrackingNormal is blank (set it to none instead of RSS).

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand you. Where are you editing the URL?
            If you set the StatusTrackingNormal to None, then the graphic goes away?

Rob
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

No, the image now comes from the ImageURLNormal line.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry... so you get the URL from the RSS feed. I have nothing in my ImageUrlNormal

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  Sorry... so you get the URL from the RSS feed. I have nothing in my ImageUrlNormal
                  The sample projects that came with designer had the ImageURLNormal lines, but they had the old URLs for world weather which don't work anymore.

You can use the ones that I posted instead. Just paste them in. On the forecast ones, just change the "1" in ...weatherIconUrl->1]->w... to 0 for today's forecast, 1 for the next day, and so on all the way to 4 for the last day.

Comment

Ok... got it. Thanks so much for you patients and help with this!

Robert

Comment

Many thanks for this joegr - finally got the transparent icons
                      Just to elaborate for others, as it's not too clear with your example.

The relevant url part is this:
                      ->weather->weatherIconUrl->1]

so, for today, the value is 0,
                      for tomorrow, the value is 1,
                      for the day after, 2,
                      etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                        The sample projects that came with designer had the ImageURLNormal lines, but they had the old URLs for world weather which don't work anymore.

You can use the ones that I posted instead. Just paste them in. On the forecast ones, just change the "1" in ...weatherIconUrl->1]->w... to 0 for today's forecast, 1 for the next day, and so on all the way to 4 for the last day.
                        Thanks a lot for figuring this out. Was driving me crazy.

Comment

Hi Everyone
                          i have also the background on my weather icons but i do not use Rss
                          i went into the weatherxml plugin and added the weather for 4 days as separate devices in homeseer.

that why i can just track the status as a normal device.

on the designer i can see the icons as transparent but on the device itself its with a white background.

any idea how i fix this?
                          thanks

Comment

Did you ever figure this out. Up until a week ago, my images were translucent and I had no back ground shading. Then they went away... Then I tried with the RSS tracking and got the background. Then I tried the method stated here..

How are the HSTouch guru's doing this? Why is this so hard to figure out?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              Did you ever figure this out. Up until a week ago, my images were translucent and I had no back ground shading. Then they went away... Then I tried with the RSS tracking and got the background. Then I tried the method stated here..

How are the HSTouch guru's doing this? Why is this so hard to figure out?

Robert
                              Same issue - what's the fix?

Comment

Working...
                              X