Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hstouch speaker client android - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hstouch speaker client android - Solved!

Hi all,

How can we configure the Hstouch android speaker client to change the TTS voice and or language? I cant select the tts voice i use in android which is dutch. Any indeas?

i sleected in the android settings the TTS voice to the desired voice however. HStouch still keeps speaking in english.

regards

Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

When TTS is sent to the android client, HS creates a .wav file and sends it to the client to be played. So, the .wav file on the HS server uses the voice on the HS server when it creates the .wav file.

So, try changing the voice on your HS server and see if that works for you...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Ah,

Thanks found it. However had an issue selecting a standrad voice in windows 7 64 bit however the workaround can be found by opening run and starting;

Windows\sysWOW64\speech\SpeechUX\SAPI.cpl

now also 32 bit voices can be selected as default which work fine.

the strange thing is that the voice i needed could be selected in the speaker client op that PC but not in windows7 itself as default, and indeed it seems the Hstouch android clients use the windows default voice. Hope this helps

regards

bart
      Regards Bart
      ------------------------------------------
      Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
      HSPRO 3.
      Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Working...
      X