X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might try to reinstall. First the project was tall - taller than the screen - all the screens worked as expected. After one reboot the project was shorter - probably more like it should be - however - it is missing the text for the "Weather" part of the menu. Another reboot and it still is not shown.

Pete, I have not yet tried any app downloads except for a free file manager which worked "OK"

Comment

Monk,

The bottom of the screen is actually the left hand side of the screen. When you move to the left you'll see a shadow menu appear.

Yes first attempt to download were the file managers; as I tried all of the free ones.

I'll try another warm and cold boot today to see what happens.

Many threads on the Logitech forums say that the 3.1 update "broke" the revue and a pre-release of 3.1 worked better. It seemed that Logitech removed some video streaming codecs for the final release.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

No shadows appearing - I am thinking the beginning setup of the Revue might have had the "Left" moved to far in. Going to try redoing initial setup. Also - reinstall still has the "Weather" text missing.

Thanks

Comment

No problem. I'm going to request that Amazon send me Revue that works or just a refund.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am thinking something is wrong with mine. Have tried about as long as I care to mess with this thing. Is there a way to force it to goback to factry default? Hven't found that yet..

Edit - Just found it under "Privacy and Safety"

Comment

Resetting the Revue from scratch has not helped a bit. The Demo App comes up and works as expected. Except that the text for the "Weather" choice is missing. No combination of Hovering - or - clicking the mouse anywhere will do anything. This really bites. If I knew where the config file was I could probably modify it wiht enough info to make it show in the designer...

Suggestions welcome.

Comment

Another couple of ways is to do the "ctl atl del" key thing for a warm restart and then a total cold remove all of your settings is to push the button on the back of the unit for 10 seconds.

Yeah; I tried again this afternoon and no luck here. In market it goes to installing an application but never installs anything. Amazon market got installed and while it installs things; when I run them it saids OS isn't compatible.

Well I thought it would be a nice intro to Android 3.1 / Google TV. I can't put the "8.8.8.8" address as the first DNS saying its an invalid address; I can put "8.8.4.4" in as a secondary DNS.

There's a procedure to drop it back to the Android 2.X out there. Its just putting the OS on a memory stick and rebooting.

■First up you need to download the Honeycomb 3.1 update Zip file in your computer and then copy the same as it is without modifying or renaming the file to your USB drive which is of the format FAT 32. Ensure that you have placed this file in the root of your USB Drive which is in the path of (/mnt/usb/update.zip or say in the path of E:\update.zip) so that you can easily find the same in the recovery mode.
                ■Now, all you need to do is to just plug this USB loaded with the update.zip file into any one of the USB Ports located in the Logitech’s Google TV Revue Box. Once you plug the USB drive into the Google Revue box you will now need to hold the connect button which will be there at the back of the Google Revue box. Once its pressed you will see the Revue Logo and then box will be rebooting on its own. Now you will have to press the FN key which is the function key and also the left arrow after which the recovery menu will be coming up on your TV Screen which is nothing but the recovery mode.
                ■Now, when the Google TV Logo will show up on your tv screen after which you need to press the FN key and the Left arrow. Pressing this will take you to the recovery menu.
                ■Now, all you need to select is the “Apply update from sdcard:/update.zip”.
                ■Now, after this the Google Revue will be verifying the Signature of the package which is there in the FAT 32 USB drive and then the installation will take place with a boot loader along with the recovery image.
                ■Now, the Logitech Revue will verify the update and will reboot which is the normal procedure. Please note that the booting might take longer time than expected and at this point of time don’t interrupt the process of the firmware update as this may even brick the device.
                ■Now, once the device boots up, you will have to proceed to setup the Google TV from the scratch which will include all the settings right from the pairing of the remote to the setting up of the connection settings.
                ■Please note that sometimes you may experience issues like Force close errors, just let the app force close and then re open the same.
                Interesting that the old revision required a "brute force" update to the NAND with a soldering iron in order to "root it".
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I tried another app install and that went fine. What happens if you connect it to a DMZ port?

Also, can you confirm that the HS Touch app is configurable on your setup? Or perhaps a problem caused by the forced Android update..

Comment

I put the Logitech Revue in the DMZ (opened firewall / no firewall) and it did the same.

Never got so far as installing the HSTouch application cuz it installed as a ZIP file and I needed to download and install any file manager to change the name of the file and couldn't.

I guess I could just download it to a USB stick and just install it that way and see what happens.

I have played with the Android application on the Joggler and it defaults to a Homeseer configuration on the internet; I then change it to my HS server and update it via the Designer; that works for me. With the Logitech though don't know really what is going on.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Click the menu button on keyboard to get to the hstouch settings.
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Success

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Click the menu button on keyboard to get to the hstouch settings.
                        Hard to believe I didn't accidentally stumble upon that bit in the few hours I had to mess with it!

Much thanks for the info! Works as expected - bring on the hi res projects...

Comment

I'm going to try to entice to do another firmware update.

If I brick it; it doesn't mean anything to me as in its current state it does me no good right now.

If the re update doesn't work; then its back to Amazon as defective.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

someone on the Logitech forum said to unplug the revue and wait a minute before plugging back in. after that, he was able to install stuff

Comment

Thanks Damage; found that the GTVHacker forum a bit more informative about the Revue versus the Logitech forum.
                              Last edited by Pete; January 8, 2012, 11:47 AM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

FYI, near the top of my TODO list is to create a HS plugin that will act as a GTV remote.

Comment

Working...
                                X