Widgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widgets

I posted this on the scripting are a while ago but really didn't get much traction taking another whack here.

So my application is that I have android tablets set up as speaker clients. I have a really slick audio visualizer that gives 'Reginald' a cool modern visual feedback like in the movies. Really do not want to lose this to display hstouch full screen interfaces. Is there a way to set up widgets to interface to Homeseer? Would like real time feedback on device status, I know tasker can do buttons with http calls (could use a hand if anyone an help there also)

Also out of curiosity is anything on the horizon that could be revealed? A development roadmap would be great. I am a PMP and would be happy to help.

Anyone got anything on this? Really wanting to get this set up.

Comment

Do you want to put this item in a HSTouch screen or are you looking at a separate app you want to get talking with HS? Do you have a name to the app so we could take a look at it?

If you want this in HSTouch then no unless it can be put inside a webapge, they will not play together.

Comment

I either want hs touch to support widgets natively or to have widgets via another app to talk to homeseer.

Comment

There is little if anything in the way of interfacing widgets to HSTouch at the minute. To talk from another app to HS you can look at the XML RESTful interface posted on here for HS3 some time ago, It could enable some control from another app or you could look at writing your own ASP/ASPx pages that did the same sort of thing. Neither is a straightforward solution though. To get a device respond to speech the only option is to have a plugin registered for audio events (I am sure this is the same in HS3 to HS2) callback, that is certainly less straightforward.

Comment

Any luck with this concept and the JSON interface? My g tab and hp touchpad are just sitting there with some weather a clock iTunes remote and Reginald's voice visualizer

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
              Any luck with this concept and the JSON interface? My g tab and hp touchpad are just sitting there with some weather a clock iTunes remote and Reginald's voice visualizer
              I think unfortunately to get an answer from HS you are going to have to email them or call them. I don't however hold out much hope for widgets as I imagine it might end up being difficult. Whilst the JSON interface is a welcome addition and I have done some interfacing with it you can only use it to send TTS to HS rather than it send TTS out of HS. You would need to look at a plugin to do some sort of notification out of HS perhaps by a HTTP post or something.

Comment

I came across this post looking for what I wanted to accomplish, and have since accomplished it and thought I would share.

I use Android's "Automate" app to send JSON to HS. This app is similar to Tasker as far as what you can accomplish. You can add an icon to any home screen to run any of your Automate Flows, which could be a JSON request to your HS server. You can choose from many symbols for this icon but I'm not sure if it supports dynamic widgets or not.

Check out this thread for an example of what I've done w/ it:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179768

With this you can send your voice to HS without HSTouch. Hopefully it will get you started in what you want to accomplish. If you built something new, please share.
                HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
                X