Wall mounted display

Anyone try this display yet:

http://www.geekland.co/9-Android-40-...K-VIA-E003.htm

Think about giving it a try

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post

Um, and how is that different/better than the one from HomeSeer? (http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...P1458C260.aspx)

FWIW
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Not sure that was an answer to my original question but the following are some reasons that I'm interested in it.

1. Cheaper $189 vs. $229
      2. Bigger display 9" vs. 7"
      3. Home button on the bottom instead of the side
      4. Speakers on the bottom instead of the side

Comment

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post

looks interesting. How would you use the hardware keys? Does HSTouch have a way to map HW keys? if so, does it have to be a specific display?

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Re: Wall mounted display

This is very interesting, the price is now 259 though.

I remember seeing one just like this on Alibaba...
          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

They are all from the same company in China called Sibo.

http://sibo.en.alibaba.com/

You can buy direct and shipping is reasonable. (they prefer bank to bank money transfers).
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I ordered one right before the price went up, but it hasn't shipped out yet. I am now wondering with all of the options that are shown now that weren't available when I ordered, whether they will ship the correct product. I had considered ordering direct from SIBO on alibaba.com but they have a 100 unit minimum purchase.

Adam

Comment

Adam,

I went back and forth with the Sibo CS representative for the purchase of one. Its not really an issue to purchase one.

The issue for me was their methodologies of payment. I made a big deal about their bank to bank stuff or using Western Union for money transfer.

Its highly recommended that you do not do this with vendors in China.

I do have a receipt with the cost and shipping for one somewhere here; will post.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pete; April 10, 2013, 06:05 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete.... How did you end up paying for it? Did you receive it? And do you have a review on it?

Comment

I didn't.

I wanted to use conventional Paypal or Amex methodologies of payment.

They said no and I said to stick the deal up their arse. They got on my bad side anyways.

They are the largest company in China doing this sort of stuff.

Personally I wouldn't recommend them for doing business with.

But that is me and my personal opinion.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yeah, she is hard to work with. They are also not very good with getting updates to the units and if anything goes wrong, you need to ship it back to them... It get's expensive and therefor not really a good way to get this done.

There is a reason HS stopped carrying them...
                      Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I ordered two of them about 2 years ago. I did the bank transfer which is annoying but pretty standard for business to business transactions in China. We (my company) do a fair bit of business over there so this didn't seem odd to me. Everything showed up about 10 days later and both units have been running since. I've been tempted to try the 9" unit they sell.

Comment

I'm happy with this one:

http://www.frys.com/product/7976540?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Comment

Originally posted by acromion View Post
                            I ordered two of them about 2 years ago. I did the bank transfer which is annoying but pretty standard for business to business transactions in China. We (my company) do a fair bit of business over there so this didn't seem odd to me. Everything showed up about 10 days later and both units have been running since. I've been tempted to try the 9" unit they sell.
                            Well I appreciate the response. Have you had ANY issues with them? I was thinking of the 9" too and was quoted about $150. They also do escrow too now... Waiting for my invoice.

Comment

Working...
                            X