X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No longer needed. I gave up on the Belkin dongle. Got a Linksys today. Will see if I have better luck with this one.

Originally posted by eletourneau View Post
    I tried all evening to downgrade to 4.0.1.2401 without success.

I removed the Belkin BT software through control panel and installed the software 4.0.1.2401 downloaded from te belkin site.

However, the new software cannot detect my BT dongle. It reports that no bt device is present during the install. I see a Belkin USB to Fast Ethernet Adapter device with no driver installed. The BT icon on the tray is red and says that not BT device is installed.

Finally gave up and reinstalled the newer version and it seems to work now (until it goes crazy and takes the CPU resources).

Can you help me with the steps I need to follow to down grade to 4.0.1.2401?

Comment

Plug-in crash

I also bought the Belkin F8T012V dongle and find that the plug-in crashes after a couple of hours. First it reports all devices disconnected then the logging stops completely. Twice Homeseer crashed. Running HS 2.1.102.0 on WinXP with plug-in version 0.42.2.2. The dongle came with bt stack 5.xx. I could not find the 4.xx version on there website.

Is my only choice to get another dongle ? and which one should I get ?

Comment

I have posted a new message about the btstack.exe taking 100% CPU on the Bluetools support forum.

http://www.franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4980

I hope we'll get an answer... an updated bluetools lib or a workaround for this problem.

Best regards,

stipus
        --
        stipus

Comment

Q:

I have posted a new message about the btstack.exe taking 100% CPU on the Bluetools support forum.
          A:

We don't have a work around for this Widcomm bug right now
          --
          stipus

Comment

Originally posted by eletourneau View Post
            No longer needed. I gave up on the Belkin dongle. Got a Linksys today. Will see if I have better luck with this one.
            Which Linksys did you get? Did it work?

Was it the Linksys - USBBT100 mentioned earlier in the thread?

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

WALLMART is the answer

What was the question?

Wallyworld has IO gear BT dongles for $19 bucks. Uses the MS stack, and class 2 insted of "long range", but it still mostly see's handsets on the second floor from the basement plugged into a hornets nets of computers & such. I need an extention cord to see if it will do better in the open, but for $19 bucks and I believe WallyWorld is global these days, you know where to get one that you know will at least get you running.

Comment

Belkin F8T012V dongle will not install

I bougt the Belkin F8T012V but when I plugged it in the install failed.
                I then DLed the drivers from Belikin without sucess.

I run my HS on an XP

Any ideas on how to get it registred on this machine?
                Best,
                Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

If you have windows XP SP2, you should not need any driver install, as SP2 includes a Microsoft BT stack.

You should also check the Microsoft site for a MS bluetooth stack update (In french, I found a post SP2 BT update)
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

I'm sorry I really don't know.

I don't understand why your BT dongle driver install failed. You should try to remove all these failed driver installs.

I know that XP SP2 comes with it's own BT stack, and it's compatible with many BT dongles.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

How does this look?

[QUOTE=stipus;837726]I'm sorry I really don't know.

Hi Stipus,
                      Still trying to get to a BT dongle that can do the trick:
                      http://www.shopitonline.dk/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:698799
                      how does the above look?

btw. I have a BT that works on my iMac (with windows vista on it) if I run the BT network software you provide it can find my phone OK and create a device for it.

But from there on HS crashes ofthen and randomly until I disable the plug-in.

I therefore concluded that the BT network software is not stable and is trying to find a dongle for install directly on the HS computer. Can you confirm that approach?
                      Best,
                      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Adapter Works Well

I have this working well for Home/Away

After over of week of use, with multiple BT devices coming and going, this one seems to
                        work reliably. Very happy and surprised after going through allot of work to find this.

Candidate dongle for use with the Bluetooth Connector (BT Connector):

Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Adapter ... its at the latest BT 2.1 level

There is also another Rocketfish BT adapter that is bigger, $10 less and at BT 2.0 level.
                        I have not tried it yet.

Rocketfish is a private label of BestBuy stores ... I do not know who the OEM is yet. But
                        this boy rocks. Range is just shy of 30 ft. It works 10 ft through multiple walls and
                        floors. It gets though 4 walls and 1 floor to a upstairs room 10 feet away without fail.

HomeSeer Version: Standard Edition 2.3.0.16
                        Operating System: Microsoft WinXP Pro 5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0
                        BT Connector plugin hspi_bt.dll version 2.48.2.2

The Rocketfish Micro BT Adapter uses the Widcomm stack 5.1.0.5500 amd shows up in device manager as 'Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1 USB Dongle'

I have been using this device reliably in 'Discover Service' mode with a handful of BT
                        phones. In this mode, you get the signal level (analogous to RSSI) reported back to HS.
                        A few of the phones have Discovery packets turned off and all still works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                          Which Linksys did you get? Did it work?

Was it the Linksys - USBBT100 mentioned earlier in the thread?

--Dan
                          Any of you guys using this hardware with the plugin?
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yes, USBBT100 V2

is working, but I had to use a different stack than the one that came with it.

I honestly don't remember which stack it was, or how to figure out which version I installed. I do remember it took some monkeying around with to get it to work right.
                            Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Another reason ... broken dongles

Another good reason to keep this thread going is that (heaven forbid) your dongles break and you have to find replacements. I try to keep a spare or two of most things, but what to do if in 2011 your dongles are all broken. You'd have to look here on this forum to see what works and what doesn't work.

As long as my other parts continue to work, I suppose I could put up with one broken dongle as long as one of my dongles still works

Comment

Has anyone tested the Aircable Host XR? Apparently it uses the MS stack.

http://www.aircable.net/support-host-xr.html

Cheers
                                DJ

Comment

Working...
                                X